Technology Architect POSITION
The primary role of a technology architect is to work in the technology pre-sales capacity and to take the lead in the early and accurate definition of customer solutions and associated architectures. Working with senior customer staff, from both a business and IT perspective, to understand and extend their needs, and subsequently to define the solution and high-level architecture to meet these requirements. Successful technology architect will have a strong understanding of how technology can solve business issues, reducing risk, increasing value to the customer. The technology architect will have a consultative sales style, and are focused on revenue taking the initiative to ensure that Oracle wins the technology decision.
· Contributes to the achievement of revenue targets.
· Has a level of understanding across the breadth of Oracle's product set (with a specialism in two or more areas) and technology architectures.
· Supports the selling function.
· Understanding and representing business strategy (business objectives, business drivers, business relationships, key performance indicators, industry drivers etc.)
· Discovering and formalising customer's business and technical requirements using appropriate tools and techniques
· Understanding and representing customer IT policy, strategy and Enterprise Architecture
· Formulating appropriate customer solutions combining Oracle Applications, Technology, Hardware and Partner offerings
· Developing high level transition and implementation roadmaps to describe how customers can transition to proposed solutions
· Working alongside experts to formulate cost/benefit analysis, TCO and ROI cases
· Engaging as 'solution manager / owner' on key accounts and opportunities
· Owning the definition and integrity of the solution architecture on major/strategic bids
· Possessing expert knowledge of how technology is evolving and being applied in business
· Possessing expert knowledge of current and emerging architectural patterns
· Advising customers on Oracle Reference Architectures and how they can transition toward it
· Advising customers on how Oracle is positioned relative to the competition on key IT issues
· Taking an architecture lead in team and client meetings
· Contributing to the Architects Professional Community
· Contributing to the repository of Oracle Reference Architectures
· Advising on the use of the appropriate architectural processes and tools
· Collaborating with architects and technical staff from partners to support joint proposition development, marketing and selling activities
· Balancing clients' needs and protecting Oracle commercial needs
· Building and maintaining relationships at all relevant levels within the client including C-Level people
· Working with account teams to discover and exploit opportunities for cross and up selling
· Able to identify "quick wins"
· 5 + years of relevant experience for this position
· Personal: Creativity, Credibility, Personal Drive, Influencing and Negotiating, Problem Solving
· Inter-personal: Building Effective Relationships, Customer Focus, Effective Communication
· Business Acumen, Coaching
· Broad Cross-Portfolio Product Knowledge
· Business Analysis
· IT Strategy Analysis
· Provable experience in major IT projects involving the whole business process
· Industry Knowledge: Communications, Financial Services, Public Sector, Utilities, HealthCare
· Fluent English Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable. As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).