Senior Staff Performance Engineer
We are looking for a Performance Engineer who is passionate about automation and process improvement. Cross Enterprise Services (CES) builds and maintains common technology solutions and utilities in a simple and consistent way that are applicable to all lines of business at the firm. We are looking for a Performance Engineer to support a wide range of improvements to performance engineering processes, including production monitoring and DevOps practices across the Business Process Transformation teams. The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of experience in a comparable position, demonstrated experience in a fast-paced, agile environment and capable of working across a large enterprise
What youre good at
- Work with Build/Run teams to build highly-available and scalable performance testing solutions leveraging platform infrastructure with appropriate monitoring and alerting mechanisms in place.
- Engineer performance testing into the agile scrum certification process and establish service level agreements for BPM infrastructure, agent deployments, including optimizations and tuning's per requirements.
- Provide guidance for application/operational teams to setup policies, alerts, dashboards and custom configuration to get full visibility into their entire environment.
- Work closely with product owner and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks
- The ideal candidate will contribute to Schwab’s journey to mature our Continuous Delivery processes by establishing automated processes, streamlining build and deploy methodology, and improving our software development practices.
- Assist in analyzing application configuration management issues in production and test (non-production) environments. Develop and maintain performance scripts.
- Identify technology gaps/risks early and establish mitigation plans
- Complete assigned tasks by working with individuals and teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Actively participating in mentoring junior team members.
- Work with Team Leads, Technical Directors & Architects across the organization to proactively monitor application performance and ensure new features align to application SLAs.
What you have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Excellent judgement.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong ability to juggle many competing priorities.
- Proven proficiency with Monitoring of large scale JEE Applications (WebLogic, JBoss, and Tomcat), .NET and database applications.
- Solid systems administration understanding (UNIX, Linux or Windows)
- The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years or more in depth of Build, Deploy, Configuration, and Release Management discipline and processes.
- Experience with MicroFocus Performance Center, Parasoft LOADTest, Jmeter, Karate or other industry leading toolsets for performance and load testing.
- Experience with the Atlassian toolset (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo and Confluence).
- Experience with deployment patterns which reduce deployment risk, such as Canary and Blue-Green.
- Experience in Pega, Cloud Foundry or AWS or relevant experience is preferred.
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Saltstack is a plus.
- Experience with code scanning tools such as Vericode and SonarQube.
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Dynatrace Synthetic, ThousandEyes and Geneos.
- Knowledge of best practices with respect to branching strategies and code promotion.
- Understanding of testing frameworks and reporting tools.
- Work well in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Experience with both Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Ability to work independently but at the same time develop junior team members
- Experience in leadership, interpersonal and problem-solving skills that focus on influence and accountability, prioritization, negotiation, facilitation, time management and issue resolution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and the business Experience with implementing best practices in Continuous Delivery
- Strong, attentive listening skills with the ability and experience in leading meetings
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition; identify and remove impediments; prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver; facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Must be self-motivated, as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions