Associate Director, North American Refining
The Associate Director of North American refining functions as a core member of the team to produce quality analysis, reports, consulting deliverables, and client-facing events. Role & Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Research refined product production, demand, and trade data for various countries (primarily the US) to manage supply/demand analysis and forecasting.
- Transform quantitative data into clear and compelling qualitative insight.
- Produce quick-turnaround analysis and research for publications, consulting projects, and client presentations.
- Contribute to consulting projects as required, researching data, creating spreadsheets and graphics, performing analysis and seeking out peer review of materials to support delivery of high-quality client-specific projects.
- Respond to research-related questions from clients by working in a highly collaborative fashion; requires learning the roles and expertise of others on research teams, seeking out help from other colleagues, become familiar with our research products and client request procedures.
- Gain knowledge and skills by actively contributing to the above listed activities, pursing activities/work in various disciplines, and staying abreast of current/hot topics.
- Required: Bachelor's degree - preferably in Chemical Engineering, or a related subject.
- Preferred: MBA or graduate degree in Chemical Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in the refining industry, government, or consulting. A graduate degree in a relevant discipline is preferred but not required.
- Understanding of key refining technologies, processes, economics, and assets in North America.
- Proficiency with MS applications is required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with databases is helpful.
- Keen attention to detail and highly effective organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Flexible and able to work effectively and collaboratively with all coworkers.
- Self-motivated and ambitious, with good problem-solving skills.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.