Tactical Opportunities - Tax, Assistant Vice President
Job Description: BTO - Tax, Assistant Vice President Employer:
Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $545 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone. Business Unit:
Tactical Opportunities (Tac Opps) is Blackstone's opportunistic investment platform. The Tac Opps team invests globally across asset classes, industries and geographies, seeking to identify and execute on attractive, differentiated investment opportunities. As part of the strategy, the team leverages the intellectual capital across Blackstone's various businesses while continuously optimizing its approach in the face of ever-changing market conditions. Job Title:
Assistant Vice President Job Description:
The Tax Manager/AVP will provide domestic and international tax compliance and reporting support for Blackstone's Tactical Opportunities Funds. This individual will help implement best practices for compliance and reporting as well as:
- Perform and review tax allocations of partnership income.
- Oversee and coordinate collection of tax data from domestic and foreign portfolio companies.
- Research and examine solutions to complex foreign and domestic tax issues.
- Determine tax filing requirements for partnership and corporate fund entities.
- Perform and review tax provisions for blocker corporations.
- Coordinate with tax advisors to ensure proper accounting of transactions.
- Identify and review state withholding tax requirements relating to state income allocation to nonresident recipients.
- Review of FATCA and CRS reporting.
- Respond to tax authority requests & notices.
- Respond to Limited Partners' tax inquiries or ad-hoc requests.
- Support Finance team & liaise with other business units, as needed.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors as well as:
- 6 years minimum of tax experience in private equity, investment partnership, or fund-of-fund.
- Must have relevant tax experience with a concentration in domestic partnerships. Corporate tax experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with complex data to drive decision-making.
- Ability to produce timely and accurate records, with an emphasis on the importance of supporting work paper documentation.
- Strong work ethic, responsiveness and passion for customer service and quality.
- Effective verbal and written communicator.
- Highly organized and proactive, with follow-through on commitments.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic culture, with the ability to take initiative and be hands-on.
- Excellent team player and good interpersonal skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- CPA or graduate degree preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.