Senior Software Engineer - Fixed Income Core
The Fixed Income Engineering group delivers a single integrated platform to support our client's complete workflow, from analysis to idea generation, in arguably the world's most important capital market.
Our functionalities support instruments from many countries around the world and used by finance professionals across the board - from traders to ministries of finance. The tools we build have become the market standard across the global market, including: our yield and spread calculators, quantitative risk analysis, and relative value comparisons. As a result, some of our calculation APIs are invoked billions of times a day providing, fast and accurate analytics for a variety of use cases.
We focus on a variety of innovative market- changing workflows, including the ETF and the New Issues management platform. Our workflows will replace existing error prone and cumbersome processes with slick interfaces that have analytics and error checking built- in. We'll Trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Take ownership of full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance.
- Develop large scale, low latency servers and user interfaces to redefine client workflows and help them make informed decisions
- Solve highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Be quick, resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator.
- Work with product and other software engineering teams and balance the best of technical and product knowledge to craft unsurpassed product solutions for our customers
We'd love to see:
- 2+ years of experience programming in C++, Python, Java or similar in production environment
- 2+ years of object-oriented programming experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Strong problem solving skills
- A thorough understanding of the systems you've worked on
- Good communication skills and an ability to explain technical concepts in a non-technical way
- Development experience in Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience with relational databases
- Familiarity with the nuances of building high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Familiarity with open-source technologies
- Knowledge of financial markets or an interest to learn