Senior Platform Engineer - Compliance (Contract)
You've seen the headlines. Financial firms are fined millions of dollars when just one employee does something they shouldn't. It can be as serious as insider trading or as seemingly innocent as an inappropriate instant message. Keeping track of who is saying, doing, and trading what is a pretty daunting task for compliance officers, especially with the explosion in the volume and variety of data produced by communications platforms.
That's where Bloomberg Compliance comes in. Comprised of Bloomberg Vault Archive and Bloomberg Surveillance, Bloomberg Compliance provides a single platform for compliant storage and reconstruction of our customer's communication, collaboration, and financial transaction data. More than 1,000 organizations use Bloomberg Compliance to manage and archive their enterprise communications and collaboration data, including email, instant message (IM), mobile, files, trade and documents, voice data and social media. Our multi-tenant cloud processes 300 million messages daily and stores about 90 billion archived objects, and we are looking to grow significantly in the next two years.
Compliance engineering group is looking for a software engineer contractor to augment our SRE team in its mission to modernize our production systems across 50+ clusters to the firm's most advanced cloud compute platform. You will work directly with a team of infrastructure SME, project manager, and multiple software development teams in the group as well as Bloomberg's Software and Technology Infrastructure teams. You will develop knowledge of the technical operation model of the current platforms, Compliance's SDLC practices across C++, Java, Scala, and Python languages, and the expected SLA of the tenant systems. You will perform meticulous analysis at code and environment levels and implement changes to unblock the migration. If you are passionate about a challenging project to advance the state of compute infrastructure for a growing enterprise business in finance, this opportunity is for you! You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Proficiency in C++, Java, or Python programming.
- Proficiency in UNIX and Linux environment, console CLI commands, and scripting in KSH or BASH.
- Experience writing software to automate system provisioning, configuration, and validations at scale.
- Self-discipline in meeting deadlines while delivering top quality.
- Experience migrating complex and critical software to new platforms.
- Experience setting up system-level testing experience and automated integration tests.
- SRE experience working with product and engineering to define product metrics.
- Experience operating in Scrum or Kanban models.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.