SRE - Data License
The mission of the System Reliability Engineering (SRE) team in Data License is to develop software solutions that address the gaps and solves the problems in understanding, measuring, and improving the reliability of data delivery services. With delivering billions of data points to hundreds of thousands of customers every day (and growing), System Reliability Engineers ensure that all our customers have reliable access to our services to receive market moving data when they need it; while supporting service improvements, expansion of our service offerings, and increasing demand from our customers.
Through software engineering and collaboration with application engineers, members of the Data License SRE team build solutions that automate and optimize the ability for Data License services to run reliably for our customers. The SRE team makes an impact by increasing the observability of Data License services, automating capacity management of production infrastructure, and improving the time it takes to resolve issues through automation in deployments and responding to incidents. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Suggest solutions and build tools to measure and monitor the reliability for Data License services
- Collaborate with application development teams to identify gaps and opportunities to resolve issues and improve reliability across Data License products
- Improve the observability of Data License systems to help identify issues or bottlenecks
- Manage a high-quality production platform and promotion pipeline that ensures capacity for Data License services
- Reduce human toil through software solutions and removing/automating manual tasks, steps, and workflows
- Work with a team to accomplish goals within an agile software development lifecycle
We'll love to see experience with:
- Experience designing and developing software solutions in a high-level programming language
- Demonstrated understanding or experience working in all levels of the technical stack, from applications to underlying computing infrastructure and machine hardware
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, from development through production release
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt to changing priorities
- Eagerness and ability to work with different types of functional groups, share knowledge and contribute
- Containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Python)
- Infrastructure as code and configuration management tools
- Defining and measuring service level indicators and service level objectives
If this sounds like you, apply! We'll get in touch if we believe you're a good match and get started with a technical phone interview.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.