What we do:
This is a hands-on position requiring current development experience.
The candidate must be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and collaborate with various teams to deliver projects with a high level of accuracy and personal responsibility. General Responsibilities:
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
- Collaborate with UX engineers and designers to implement markup/designs
- Integrate and deliver functionality with backend teams during development life cycle
- Ensure stories/requirements are implemented throughout development efforts
- Ensure code is in compliance with style guides and pattern libraries
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and collaborate with various teams to deliver projects with a high level of accuracy and personal responsibility.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously and produce high quality products
- Assist the technical lead with managing technology risks on a project
- Work with quality assurance team to assist with defining test strategies and cases.
- Execution: Gets all things done on a timely basis
- Analytical/Problem-Solving: Demonstrates the ability to identify and evaluate problems or issues
- Communication: Initiates, maintains and facilitates the flow of needed information
- Customer Service: Places a priority on attending to the needs and inquiries of customers from across the Bank and System
- Collaboration: Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with others
- Self-Management: Demonstrates the ability to employ/channel personal resources (e.g. time, effort, talent) to produce desirable outcomes for the area/Bank
- What we do:
Demonstrated experience in the following technologies:
- Expert level HTML/CSS
- Proven experience working with decoupled front-end application architecture
- Experience with source control and node for development processes
- Responsive Design
- Understanding of UX best practices
- Understanding of ADA Compliance
- Wireframes/Prototyping (Balsamiq, Axure, etc.)
- A minimum of 7-9 years of relevant work experience
- Exemplifies the highest level of teamwork and fosters it within their team; Demonstrates teamwork characteristic and promotes a culture of cooperation and help; Supports other members of the Function and Technology management in their execution of the objectives of the group, Bank and System; Always behaves towards others in a manner of respect and integrity
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication (written, verbal and interpersonal) skills
- Shows judgment, tact and the ability to work effectively with staff, business areas, and Delivery management
- Self-Motivated and a strong team player
- Experience with software development, the implementation of technology solutions and management tools such as version control, application build and deployment utilities
- Travel required 0-5%
- Keeps abreast of current technology trends and is innovative;
- College Degree required or equivalent work experience
This position requires access to confidential information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
Why the Fed:
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank’s diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA. Click here to learn more.