Swap Dealer Officer
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 21 Mar 19
The Swap Dealer Officer is based in New York and is responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of the overall compliance program, particularly focusing on the Global Swap Dealer Manuals and policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the relevant rules and regulations. E.g. the Dodd-Frank Act.
The client is a European-based Global bank with a huge presence in the Americas, offering a wide variety of banking and financial services to its consumers.
Key repsonsiblities of the Swap Dealer Officer are:
- Assist with the ongoing development and implementation of Deutsche Bank's global Swap Dealer Manuals and other Policies and Procedures to ensure that they are reasonably designed to achieve compliance with the requirements of Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Act
- Assist with the development and implementation of such Policies and Procedures as necessary to comply with international regulation applicable to DB's swap activities in the US
- Assist with annual gap analyses to identify and update all impacted bank policies globally based on new swap reform regulations
- Provide ongoing support to the Head of Swap Dealer Compliance, including:
- Recommend and implement changes to the compliance program and the Swap Dealer Manual and related policies/procedures as needed on an ongoing basis.
- Draft and coordinate the dissemination of regular Compliance Alerts/Reminders globally to ensure that the front office and infrastructure groups are aware of new rules/regulations and policies/procedures relating to the Swap Dealer.
- Work with business management and Compliance surveillance staff on the development of first and second-level controls/surveillance needed for the Swap Dealer.
- Work with Compliance Testing teams and/or Audit staff on the development and ongoing testing/monitoring of the effectiveness of the policies and procedures for the Swap Dealer.
- Work with Business Line Compliance staff covering product lines and other relevant areas on annual risk assessments needed for the Swap Dealer.
- Work with Compliance Training staff on the development and coordination of initial and ongoing training for employees on requirements impacting the Swap Dealer.
- Prepare the Annual Compliance Report for the Swap Dealer, and any other required periodic reports that the Head of Swap Dealer Compliance will be required to make to the governing body or relevant regulatory authorities.
A successful Swap Dealer Officer should have:
- Understanding of the swap market for one or more product classes.
- 5-10 years of compliance or regulatory experience, preferably with a federal regulator or self-regulatory organization, or in a trading environment, risk management function, or law firm.
- Bachelor's degree; JD a plus.
- Working understanding of Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Act as pertains to the obligations of Swap Dealers and Security-based Swap Dealers.
- Understanding of OTC clearing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to project confidence and professionalism in all dealings with business personnel.
- Ability to make, support and defend difficult and complex regulatory/compliance decisions in a fast-paced trading floor environment.
- Familiarity with trading deal capture systems, a strong plus.
- Securities and/or futures licenses, a plus.
- Experience in an investment banking environment, a plus.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary bonus structure
- Additional benefits E.g. 401k, Medical/Dental/Vision