Senior Database Engineer - AWS experience needed!
Senior Database Engineer
A cadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates located in Singapore, London, Tokyo and Sydney. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately US$ 86 billion on behalf of major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad. Position Overview:
The Senior Database Engineer primarily responsible for the design, build out, performance and management of the data systems and technologies that drive Acadian's investment research process. As a member of the Database Operations Team the Engineer will report to the manager of Database Operations and will work with the DBA team to provide technical expertise and guidance to the Investment Research Development staff.
Our current data environment is primarily MS SQL Server run on premises. Candidates will play a critical role in evaluating, piloting and migrating to alternative data stores that may be more appropriate based on the latency, parallelization and isolation demands of a variety of critical use cases. Experience with cloud native database technologies is required , A mazon W eb S ervices is preferred. Experience with relational database design is a plus.
A successful candidate is a motivated self-starter with an aptitude for learning new skills and environments quickly while multi-tasking on more than one deliverable. Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Investment Research Development teams to ensure that database design and code is optimized , scalable, and meets standards regardless of platform
- Evaluate new technologies and i mplem ent enhancements to existing platforms
- Efficiently and effectively t roubleshoot problems in all environments as they arise
- Identify and correct bottlenecks
- Review developer database code and work with developers to implement suggested enhancements
- Occasional on-call responsibilities of mission critical systems
- Contribute directly on data preparation and ETL workflows.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a relat ed technical field is preferred
- Experience designing and implementing cloud native relational and non-relational database technologies ( Aurora, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, SPARK, etc.)
- Software development or scripting experience ( PowerShell , python, C#, node.js, etc.)
- Experience working with High Performance Computing supporting Machine Learning
- Experience with traditional RDBMS platforms such as MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 /2016 , Linux platforms
To view all of Acadian's open positions please visit the Careers section of our website at http://www.acadian-asset .com/Careers/Job-opportunities . We will contact only selected candidates.
It is the policy of Acadian Asset Management LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, or sexual orientation.