- Greenwich, CT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
Interactive Brokers (IB) is a direct-access electronic trade execution and clearing broker for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. The firm serves more than 400,000 customers in trading securities, commodities and foreign exchange in dozens of currencies and over 100 market centers worldwide.
By building and operating highly automated systems in all aspects of its business, IB is able to operate at a low cost while delivering advanced capabilities to our clients. IB was founded by a software engineer to rewrite the rules of trading by automating anything and everything. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows.
As one of the fastest growing low-cost brokers, we are increasingly finding a need to help our developers bring features to market more quickly and, while moving quickly, to maintain the availability, robustness and security of IB services. To that end we are growing an internal DevOps team to automate and improve our development platform. Candidates should have a passion for excellence in software engineering, for the scientific method, for making changes based on data rather than anecdote, and a desire to constantly find ways to improve methods and processes. The role is one with high leverage and the potential to improve the working lives of all developers at IB.
Support and improve our tools for:
- source control
- continuous integration/delivery/deployment
- automated testing
- release management
- configuration management
- Bachelor's degree or better in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or other technical field
- Hands-on experience in Java, Python and/or shell scripting
- 1+ years experience with Unix/Linux operating systems, especially Red Hat distributions
- Experience with the design, implementation and delivery of build/test/release infrastructure
- Admin experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins or Travis CI
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems, especially Git
- 3+ years experience with professional software development
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks