This role will focus on EM rates product distribution to institutional investors across the UK and some specialised Continental Europe financial institutions. Together with other members of London based FX & Rates Team you will be covering and developing a dedicated list of top global real money, central banks, sovereign wealth funds, hedge funds & other Financial institutions to deliver the products.
Global Sales provides both flow and highly bespoke financial solutions to clients. We are functionally structured to reflect the differing needs of our clients, Corporates and Financial Institutions, with the latter split into Capital Markets and Money Markets reflecting longer term / short term maturities. This is enhanced with specialist non-flow service from the Client Solutions Group.
We transact and offer client solutions on a broad range of products including (but not limited to) foreign exchange, interest rate derivatives, money markets, primary and secondary rates and credit, structured products, cash equities and equity derivatives - the latter only to corporates.
This structure enhances cross-selling, improves the flow of market/ product information and aims to deepen client relationships through a platform capable of delivering all products to all clients.
Our local footprint of circa 280 salespeople across 28 locations, ensures that sales teams are in close proximity to our clients, delivering global expertise with local insight
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Role:
This role will focus on EM rates product distribution to institutional investors across the UK and some specialised Continental Europe financial institutions. Together with other members of London based FX & Rates Team you will be covering and developing a dedicated list of top global real money, central banks, sovereign wealth funds, hedge funds & other Financial institutions to deliver the products. Main responsibilities are:
- Supports ING's UK & Europe EM local currency rates franchise with focus primarily on cash bonds & derivatives
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with Portfolio Managers, Economists/Strategies and Execution Desks of institutional investors to maximise the potential wallet share while maintaining and gaining the prime relationship in area of products traded
- Deep understanding of economic and political developments in covered countries, ability to discuss it with clients
- Works in close contact with our trading and research desks to adapt and create new trade ideas that could be beneficial to our clients
- Focus and optimises our local foot print and trading capabilities to gain a sustainable market share among the various groups of ING's global clients
- Fully aligns & collaborates with the local trading teams acting as their top international sales contact to push product across clients.
- Acts as intelligence antenna between clients and Trading maximizing two-way flows of information in order to ensure we are maximising all opportunities and stay a step ahead
- Works in the client interest and at the same time protects the bank's trading books against losses
- Makes sure clients are on boarded correctly (KYC, MiFID Classification incl LEI, Dodd Franck if necessary, transactional limits) and fully aligned internally with Market risk, Credit risk, and all necessary documentation (MiFid, legal)
- Introduces cross-sell opportunities to other FM or bank product teams to support larger ING platform
- Understand how the FCA Conduct Rules and acting as US Person apply to you, your role and team.
- Ensuring your business complies with the spirit and letter of the Conduct Rules and all legal, regulatory and ethical standards including ING policies, procedures, guidance and the Orange Code.
An excellent opportunity to grow a central product of our bank's product offering. We offer a dynamic working environment with the support of a team of very experienced Financial Market specialists.
- Educated to degree level ( BSc/MSc degree in economics, business, finance, or equivalent by preference)
- Proficient in use of Bloomberg
- Minimum of 3-5 years' hands-on experience with cited products at a reputable financial institution in the UK & EMEA
- Excellent sales skills and proven track record in covering institutional accounts
- An existing client base in the UK & EMEA
- Any other language is a plus (with priority on Polish, Hungarian, Russian or Romanian)
- Entrepreneurial and pro-active approach to build revenue base in Financing
- 'Can do' attitude and positive mind set; ING orange ambassador
- Strong drive to improve individual and team performance;
- Challenger of the status quo, always striving to do things more efficiently and effectively;
- Genuine team player, putting team interest before personal ones, you are recognized as a "giver"
- Strong EQ (interpersonal, relationship building and stakeholder management skills)
- Clear, concise and transparent communicator / Excellent verbal and communication skills / Good presentation skills / Strong analytical skills
- Able to think out of the box.
- You do not only put issues forward but show a strong willingness to be part of the solution
- Ability to multi task across various products and locations within Financial Markets.