Software Development Manager Transactions and Payments
DESCRIPTION Amazon's Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, and more recently live sport including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide - and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
As part of the Prime Video Commerce Organisation, the Payments team is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead the team's vision of allowing Prime Video customers to seamlessly purchase, rent or subscribe to our products in one second or less with zero faults, having the uttermost confidence in the reliability of our systems and with the payment method of customer's choice.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
• Experience managing a team of high calibre Software Engineers developing complex, world class, scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• A proven track record of software delivery through all phases of development and developing long-term development and business technology strategies
• Demonstrable knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Significant technical experience as a Software Engineer, developing and operating distributed/scalable systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#, or Python