Senior Software Development Engineer - Playback, Prime Video UK
DESCRIPTION Do you love movies? Are you intrigued about how your favorite movies and shows are streamed over the Internet and recreated on your device screen? Are you excited about building video products for hundreds of millions of customers globally, including your friends and family?
The Prime Video Player group owns the video player components running on a vast array of devices, from Smart TVs to web browsers, desktop computers to mobile phones, tablets and anything in between. As part of the Video Player group the Living Room Player team is building, integrating, and testing both native code components and platform independent, scriptable components to power video on millions of living room devices. Prime Video is delivering an amazing choice of movies, shows, channels, and live sports to our customers. We are looking for a talented Senior Software Development Engineer to help us build the best video playback experience for Amazon customers.
We work in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment. To be successful, you will need to be flexible and entrepreneurial. You may work on big, creative ideas as well as dive deep to smaller incremental enhancements. You are a true owner - you care about the customer experience deeply and you care about the long term sustainability and operational excellence as well. You design software to be extensible and easy to maintain with the long term vision in mind.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
• Highly proficient in at least one of Java, C++, C#, Objective-C.
• Evidence of working with algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization.
• OS fundamentals and systems architecture.
• Cloud computing, large-scale and high-availability distributed architecture.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS You don't need to have all of these, but ideally a couple of:
• Experience with video formats, video delivery protocols, video containers, video players.
• Experience in consumer electronics devices or embedded systems with computing constraints.
• Full life cycle software engineering experience.
• Experience in C/C++ development.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.