Risk - ICG - Credit Portfolio Risk Manager - VP
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19009466
A VP on the Hedge Fund Credit Team will be responsible for managing Citi's credit risk to a portfolio of the firm's most complex and large Hedge Fund relationships.
The primary role of a VP within the Hedge Fund Credit group will be to manage and dictate the risk Citi is willing to take to the various Hedge Funds covered by the Analyst, the Analyst will also be responsible for:
- Performing initial and annual credit reviews on a portfolio of hedge funds.
- Approving credit facilities, specific transactions and exceptions within delegated credit authority.
- Approving trades and communicating with the sales force on a daily basis.
- Advancing and innovating risk management tactics.
- Streamlining processes and changing firm-wide policies and procedures to be more reflective of current market conditions.
- Negotiating the credit-related terms in ISDA, MRA, MSFTA and other capital markets documentation.
- Partnering with a specific trading desk within the firm, and educating the team on the risks associated with their given desk.
- Interacting with Hedge Fund clients, trading desks, operations and legal. Qualifications Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
The ideal candidate will have experience managing a complex portfolio of hedge funds - spanning the various strategies traded by these counterparties. The candidate should also possess the following:
- Solid previous work experience in a related field.
- Knowledge across Capital Markets trading and lending products, particularly in derivatives, structured and other complex products traded by hedge funds.
- Strong grasp of current technologies including stress testing is highly beneficial.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access.
- Highly effective communication skills, with experience of collaborating with groups and present findings and suggestions to management.
- Motivated and confident to drive change.
- Attention to detail; with the ability to manage high-pressure situations.
- Quantitative and intuitive skills in the risks inherent in capital markets products, transactions and positions.
- Formal credit training with experience in a global institution.
- Real sense for how to build / support business growth.
- Bachelor degree required; additional degrees/designations which may include MBA, or MS desirable.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer