Python Developer, Associate
Description About this role
Within APG, BlackRock's Tactical Solutions team provides enterprise-level application development solutions that enforce to industry recognized methodologies. Team members work in conjunction with business units throughout the firm to develop solutions that:
- Meet business requirements that fall outside of core system functionality
- Enable product innovation and speed-to-market
- Prototype new/emerging business processes
- Achieve operational efficiencies
- Remediate risk
This role will have the responsibility of driving Python within the team's tech stack by re-engineering existing models and building out greenfield applications in Python. This will include the full-development lifecycle as well as guiding fellow developers in the team. Alongside this, the role will include helping to formalize the build, release, and deployment process of Python applications.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the business to build highly efficient, sophisticated business applications. These must be crafted in a modular fashion for deployment in multiple environments. Although predominantly a Python role, they will also have demonstrable ability to work across technologies focusing on the best tool for the job.
- Solid grasp of Python, ideally in a financial environment.
- Experience delivering Python-based application with a web frontend
- Ability to code in an object-oriented manner.
- Experience of unit and end-to-end testing of Python.
- Eager to use and learn different technologies
- Knowledge of SQL
- Web experience
- Ability to face off to business users to capture requirements
Great to have:
- Experience delivering cloud-based Python solutions
- Good technical writing skills and ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, analytical concepts to a variety of client and internal audiences
- Good attention to detail; willing to take action attitude; and willingness to roll up sleeves
- Standout colleague with collaborative and good interpersonal skills
- Outstanding social skills, self-starter and ability to perform under stress and handle tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Graduate degree helpful
- Proficient English a prerequisite.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.