Credit analyst, Financials, Global Asset Management Firm
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Greenwich Partners
- 16 Aug 18 2018-08-16
Superb opportunity to join this top global investor, focused on Financials
Our client is one of the most successful asset managers in the world. As part of their continued growth, they are currently seeking to recruit a Credit Analyst to their Investment Research Group. Based in London, this individual will focus on investment grade credits in the Banking and Insurance sectors.
As part of the Investment Grade Credit Research team, you will work directly with Financials Analysts to conduct fundamental research and support their research agenda. The successful candidate will help build and maintain complex financial models, and assist in developing and effectively communicating investment recommendations that add value to client portfolios.
In addition, he/she will interact with a number of Portfolio Managers, Traders and other Credit Analysts across their global investment platform.
Responsibilities for this position will include the following:
• Assisting in the creation and maintenance of detailed financial models and industry databases to aid in analyzing existing and prospective investments;
• Maintaining integrity of issuer data and analyses, and comparative valuation tools;
• Conducting analyses of financial results with the Financials Analysts;
• Monitoring and listening to relevant news, announcements, and conference calls;
• Attending internal and external investment meetings;
• Contributing to the research agenda of the coverage area, and to written research and maintenance reports on companies.
QUALIFICATIONS The successful candidate is likely to have the following qualifications:
• A minimum of 3 – 5 years of relevant professional experience, gained in buy-side or sell-side research, investment banking, or at a credit ratings agency;
• Demonstrated interest in, and passion for, investing in fixed income. A strong desire to analyse credit investment opportunities within the Financials sector is required, and experience analysing securities across the capital structure would be additive.
• An undergraduate degree with a strong academic record; progress towards or completion of the CFA would be viewed favourably;
• Strong analytical and communication skills (both written and oral);