Corporate Actions Officer/Analyst
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The corporate Actions officer is responsible for the notification and reaching, managing and processing of all corporate actions across all asset classes and proxy voting. In this role you will be responsible for capturing corporate actions elections received, reconciling & confirming the accuracy of corporate actions processing as well as proxy voting. You will also be responsible for cash and security reconciliation related to all operational processes.
The role requires you to act with good understanding, knowledge & skill and be able to apply it with effectiveness in the position. Have the ability to functions independently and work well in a team. Provide prompt and professional service to a diverse client base.
• Processing of all mandatory and voluntary/choice corporate events
• Cash Reconciliations
• Share reconciliations
• Processing of Market claims
• Processing of dividend withholding tax reclaims and reconciliation
• Query response and resolution/client service
• Scanning /filing of CA documentation
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters. Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead the corporate actions team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters. Key Stakeholders
Internal : Client Services/ BAMS Business account managers, Settlements,
External : Strate CSD, Clients Other Responsibilities
UVT User verification testing
Overtime when required
Filling Our Ideal Candidate
• Good understanding of Corporate Actions
• Methodical and investigative
• Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills
• Problem solving ability
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Client focused and centric
• Strate Corporate Actions course successfully completed
• Relevant Strate Regulatory exams
• Strate Module 3. Equity II
• Strate Module 4. Bonds I
• Strate Equities Settlement Officers Programme
• Strate Module 8. Money Market Module III
• At least 5 years Corporate Actions experience
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .