Business Information Cyber Security Risk Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
• We are establishing a capability to successfully implement and embed the new Information and Cyber Security (ICS)
Risk Type Framework (RTF) into Africa and Middle East (AME) countries to bring consistency in the identification and
mitigation of ICS Risks. The ICS 1 st Line Risk Manager, Africa will report to and support the Head ICS, Africa to drive
the adoption and implementation of the framework across the countries within Africa.
• This role will require hands on approach to understand, embed, and guide the Africa countries on the ICS RTF to
maximize risk reduction and capability improvement, while meeting compliance and legal obligations, and
minimising client impact. The role will require to have end-to-end view of all ICS activities with regular risk
assessment, tracking, follow up and reporting at the relevant forums.
• The ICS 1st Line Risk Manager, Africa will provide exceptional leadership, maintain highly constructive relationships
with key stakeholder, and possess strong security risk framework knowledge to mobilize effort and commitment. Responsibilities:
• ICS 1 st Line Risk Manager, Africa will execute a robust and efficient plan to rollout ICS RTF by working with
key stakeholders including COOs/CIOs direct teams, ICS RTF Implementation Programme teams, Office of the
CISO and Security technology teams. The plan will incorporate digital footprint discovery, risk assessment,
definition and implementation of controls as guided by the ICS RTF and tailored to the relevant areas.
• Supporting the EA Head ICS in the implementation of the ICS Risk framework including working with
stakeholders to identify, assess and rate the information assets, build out the risk profile per the framework,
initiate risk assessments and put together treatment plans.
• Use qualitative and quantitative data sources to validate Key Control Domains (KCD) and associated controls,
accelerate risk assessment process, validate business risk profile and develop action plans to remediate to
bring ICS risk back into appetite.
• Follow up on identified thematic cyber issues, develop processes to address issues from re-occurrence and
ensure cyber hygiene across the whole portfolio.
• Provide regular status updates including progress, top risks and issues to the respective country and regional
forums for the relevant domains. Track RAG status, key milestones, risks, dependencies and issues.
• Interface with the Business and Country ICS Leads to assist with sharing of risk profiles, advising on cyber risk
issues and addressing areas of concern.
• Interface into Technology forums to ensure security technologies are operating with input from countries
and be actively involved in the roadmap of these technologies by providing regional/country input.
• Development of risk treatment plans for the assigned areas in conjunction with the business and technology
teams. Interface with other areas to ensure dependencies are known and prioritised. Negotiate timelines to
ensure proper remediation by maintaining support and organizational alignment.
• Adapt to emerging and horizon risks and address issues to maximize outcomes. Urgent and timely action for
risks and issues which adversely impact cyber risk profiles.
• Re-planning and prioritising as required to maximise risk reduction.
• Coordinate and plan for cyber crisis management exercises, build response and recovery capabilities,
workarounds, ensure up to date playbooks etc.
• Assist with other cyber activities underway Strategy:
• Ensure effective prioritisation and application of industry best practice into the ICS RTF and ICS country risk.
• Identify changes to plan required in terms of additional components, reprioritisation to anticipate and
respond to changes.
• Learn from the recent regional and global cyber events and build into strategy to address current and
emerging risks. Region/Country:
• Maintain strong stakeholder engagement with other COO ICS teams, Chief Information Security Office
teams, ICS RTF Implementation Programme teams and Security Technology teams.
• Establish and maintain working groups across domains to progress the framework roll out.
• Escalate appropriately to ensure Head ICS, Africa is briefed, and necessary decisions are made in a timely
• Support the Head ICS, Africa on running periodic working groups and ensuring proper rollout of the ICS RTF.
• Assist with pulling together Risk papers going to various Risk committees within the region.
• Manage actions coming out of various risk and compliance forums. Risk Management
• Manage the rollout of the ICS RTF professionally and efficiently, closely tracking timeline commitments for
provision of information and action plans, and for validation of actions taken.
• Ensure adoption of security tooling and capability to address ICS risk tactically and strategically.
• Address and adopt response and recover capabilities and assist with cyber crisis management exercises,
playbooks etc. Regulatory and Business Conduct:
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values, Valued Behaviours, and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and
business conduct, across the Bank.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters. Other Responsibilities:
• Keep abreast of any new developments in the ICS risk frameworks globally, participate in industry and
external discussions. Our Ideal Candidate:
• Solid experience working across multiple security frameworks (e.g. NIST, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS) and
understanding and exposure to various regulatory requirements across global regulators (e.g. PRA, FCA,
MAS, HKMA, RBI, NESA etc.)
• Experience in deployment and successful roll-out of risk frameworks across businesses with global footprint
• Experience in one or more key technology domains - Identity and Access Management (IAM), Data
Protection, Vulnerability and Compliance Management, Network security, Security Incident Management
• Experience in Cyber Crisis management, Response and Recovery activities etc.
• Excellent organisation and leadership skills with ability to manage multiple deadlines and effectively
• Ability to work independently to effect change across the countries and manage multiple deliverables
• Ability to execute on strategy with plan to influence senior stakeholders and decision makers to adopt cyber
capabilities across their countries
• Proven ability to deliver complex, global, pan-bank initiatives by driving collaboration and participation
across diverse set of stakeholders
• Extensive experience within security or risk function, ideally gained in the financial industry
• Strong knowledge of the businesses, markets and operations of Standard Chartered Bank and relevant
policies, procedures, and processes
• Ability to foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at appropriate level ensuring
open cooperative environment
• Stakeholder management, Negotiation skills, Conflict management, Decision-making and Team work
• Possess one or more security certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, PCI-QSA, CSX, etc
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .