Senior Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer and a member of a team of elite, highly skilled forward thinking colleagues working on product development in an agile and collaborative environment, you will work with cutting edge technologies and learn how these technologies are applied in the global capital markets. In addition to the design and development work, you will also gain exposure to the financial services industry. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment where priorities can change on a daily basis. You will also have the opportunity to mentor others and work in an Agile environment, gaining experience with Agile constructs. You will take initiatives and collaborate extensively with the stakeholders and within the development team to achieve ambitious goals. You will be working in a fast paced environment, inspiring excitement. This is an exciting opportunity to become a critical part of a fast growing, global organization. What you'll work on:
- Design and develop heavily transactional and multi-tiered Web applications
- Design and develop Web Services for integrations with various internal and external applications
- All aspects of database development: Modeling, stored procedures, performance tuning etc.
- Provide level 3 support for your application, working closely with product and account management teams
- Work with Product Management to translate business requirements into technical designs and then plan sprints that deliver quality components and products on time
- Collaborate with product owners to further value proposition of our applications
- Actively participate in research, discussions and decisions on software architecture, development processes, and other standards
- A successful candidate is someone who wants to continually enhance the knowledgebase of themselves and the team as it relates to Web based technologies, Software Development Process and company standards and practices.
Experience with the following would be advantageous:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/related field
- 3 - 5 years minimum development experience in C#, .Net, ASP.Net, & SQL Server or related database systems
- 3 - 5 years minimum of experience building large scale web based systems
- Experience with one or more of MV* UI frameworks, e.g. Angular 2+
- Ability to work in team oriented environment, and also have the ability to work independently
- Experience in full end to end web development cycle (SDLC)
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- State management using Redux
- Redux, Typescript, HTML5, CSS, LESS, Bootstrap,
- LINQ, ADO.NET, Entity Framework
- Advanced knowledge of OOP/OOD, Design patters, and SOLID.
- AWS development and management
- Big Data technologies like APACHE, KAFKA, Spark, Zookeeper and Solar/ Elastic search
- Front-end UI Frameworks like Teleric/ Kendo UI
- Experience working in a multicultural environment across time zones:.
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Restful services using ASP.Net Core
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.