Main Purpose of this role
- Focus is on assisting the growth of Structured Solutions loan business, while also working on Structured Financing Transactions for Fixed Income and ABS (“SFTs”, including products such as TRS, structured repos, collateral swaps, secured loans, triparty agreements etc.)
- Assisting in the loan origination process, from inception to closing.
- Structuring credit solutions for clients of the bank, involving discussions with clients, idea generation, documentation negotiation and client presentation.
- Work on and devise new and innovative structures, demonstrating technical knowledge and commercial judgement.
- Ensure that trades and structures are efficient from a tax, regulatory and Basel III perspective, with ongoing monitoring of changes in rules and regulations.
- Work closely with Legal and Operations colleagues to ensure trades are structured in a legally efficient manner and trades can be handled operationally by the bank.
- Co-ordinate medium-sized projects including the necessary new product approvals, identifying resource requirements, monitoring performance against objectives and acting to ensure targets are met and products are approved.
- Develop and define processes, systems and procedures ensuring standards and requirements are met and improving efficiency
Key activities and key competencies
- Focus on EMEA franchise including deriving further business from the bank's clients. Involves travel to meet clients and building internal network to promote the business.
- Regular and active discussions with clients and market participants.
- For loan transactions and SFTs, participate in the necessary meetings and committees while also being responsible for document review and negotiations with clients, internal and external lawyers and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for building pipeline of business and execution of that pipeline, working together with Sales colleagues.
- Responsible for internal approvals process for own transactions.
- Structuring for transactions to include understanding and finding solutions for legal, tax, accounting and regulatory issues.
- Competency in the origination & structuring of credit derivative transactions, structured repo products, collateral lending, collateral swaps, triparty agreements and illiquid assets (syndicated and bilateral loans) and the related hedging instruments.
- Detailed understanding of Loan (LMA/LSTA/Bilateral), Credit Derivatives (ISDA), Repo (GMRA) collateral lending (GMLSA) documentation, and Triparty Agreements.
Key Requirements (Work Experience/Formal Education)
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in structuring of loans, loan-related products and SFTs.
- Educated to minimum of degree level in quantitative subject (Mathematics, Engineering, Physical Sciences, Quantitative Finance etc.), 2:1 level or above plus higher level formal qualification in a quantitative subject (Masters, PHD or professional qualification)
- Track record in delivering solutions and generating significant revenue on loan-related transactions and SFTs.
- Experience with structured credit derivatives, structured repos and illiquid asset transactions. Experience in distributing illiquid asset transactions to Non-Bank Financial Institutions would be a plus.
- Experience working with Banks and Non-Bank Financial Institutions (Insurers, Asset Managers, Hedge Funds).
- Knowledge of US & European Fixed Income Markets. Knowledge of CLOs, ABS, and Covered Bonds would also be a plus.