VP/Assistant VP (1-Year Contract), Business Finance, Global Markets
- Contract, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
VP/Assistant VP (1-Year Contract), Business Finance, Global MarketsAbout UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Finance and Corporate Services function manages the financial and administrative needs of the Group to help achieve its business goals.
We support enhanced decision-making to achieve optimal and sustainable financial outcomes for our shareholders. We are responsible for providing insights into the performance of the Group through financial, regulatory and performance reporting of the Group.
Global Markets Business Finance
Global Markets (GM) Business Finance team rolls up to Group Finance and has the primary responsibility for providing strategic planning and performance management support to the GM business to enable strategic decision making and disciplined growth. In addition, the team provides financial control best practice advisory and coordinates on all aspects of finance for the business including accounting standards, regulatory and capital requirements and funds transfer pricing.
The successful individual, reporting to GM Business Finance project lead, will represent Finance and is responsible for the implementation of the Global Markets Platform (GMP) treasury booking system, Murex MX3 platform, across the region over the next few years.
To fulfil the role, the individual will be able to:
- Perform business analysis on finance requirements.
- Work with IT to develop business and functional requirements.
- Participate and contribute to all phases (UFT, UAT, Regression, and Dress Rehearsal) of the project lifecycle.
- Work with Group Finance and in-country finance project representatives to determine accounting treatment, chart of accounts and accounting rules for treasury products in compliance with Group Policy.
- Work with Front Office and Back Office to ensure appropriate accounting and reporting for treasury products.
- Work closely with IT groups throughout the various phases of the project.
- Manage issues and risks, and escalate where required.
- 8-10 years of experience in banking industry, preferably in the financial control or product control area, or similar project experience ideally preferred. Candidates with more years of relevant working experience will be considered for the VP role.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to communicate well and collaborate with all levels of the team members.
- Able to manage ongoing scope changes and unknowns typically associated with project implementation.
- Willingness to travel to regional offices overseas locations implementation.
Other Desirable skills and experience
- Knowledge of or experience with Murex system.
- Knowledge of treasury activities covering front office, middle office and back office functions and/or accounting of treasury products including regulatory requirements and latest accounting standards, will be advantageous.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.