- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 16 Apr 18
Senior Manager, Corrrespondent Banking Due Diligence Advisory
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. With more than 86,000 employees in 68 countries, and a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets, Standard Chartered is listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India. See our history We are looking for a Regional Correspondent Banking Due Diligence advisor to join our front office FI team.
Regional Correspondent Banking Due Diligence Advisor
- Act as subject matter expert for Correspondent Banking (CB) business regionally.
- BSA/AML and sanctions expertise relating to different products and services offered by the business with predominant focus in global trade, transaction banking, FX, loans and syndications.
- Act as underwriter for AML/FCC risk to ultimately uplift the quality of CDD files.
- Conduct targeted reviews and visitations with correspondent bank clients to follow-up on pertinent concerns identified by Compliance or the line of business as well as visit new/potential correspondent client Financial Institutions (FIs) to discuss and assess their compliance management programs.
- Work closely with Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) Correspondent Banking FI Due Diligence team, trade and payment product partners to identify emerging trends and high-risk transactions and activities to take appropriate measures to mitigate the risks including restriction of transactions to account closures including managing suspicious activity reporting and unusual activity reporting for the portfolio.
- Identify emerging risk trends within the portfolio and take appropriate remediation action steps to manage/mitigate the risks including updating senior management and various stake holders through situation update reports.
- Review monthly MIS and client specific dashboards including SARs, NCTs and RFIs
- Work closely with different lines of business compliance and financial crime teams to ensure that the business meets local and bank wide policies and procedures through different reporting to various stakeholders and bank regulators.
- Work with FCC to ensure policy and procedures are aligned with regulatory requirements and are operationally feasible.
- Help identify training needs and execute wherever required.
- Implement a strong governance framework.
- Support internal audits and regulatory exams to address, remediate and mitigate high risk clients, high risk issues impacting at the portfolio level.
- Support the facilitation and fulfillment of requirements because of external and internal exams.
- Develop, track and follow-up on issues, action plans and escalation reports stemming from AML-related governance to ensure timely response and action.
- Identification and escalation of potential risks and issues to senior management through appropriate governance channels.
- Proactively monitoring correspondent banking portfolio transaction monitoring reports and dashboards.
- Monitoring operational effectiveness and provide overall oversight of financial crime risk related responsibilities for the CB business.
- Development and maintenance of financial crime metrics inventory
- Creation and presentation of executive reports defining compliance and risk management components of the AML/ATF/ABC and sanctions initiatives being driven by the business
- Overseeing and conducting special projects and other duties as assigned.