We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Data Strategy Group
Data Strategy Group (DSG) harnesses and leverages on GIC's most valuable asset - Data, to drive insights, results and solve real business challenges. We ingest, analyse, and combine data with context across all industries and asset classes to enable investment decisions and enhance investment process. Together, we strive to build a high-performance enterprise data infrastructure, create results-driven approach with data products and strive to be a data-driven organization.
We are hiring an Associate/AVP, Data Management, Research Data Management, this role will play a key role in delivering enterprise data governance products and solutions.
Join us if you have a passion for data and be part of a team of forward-looking data professionals in building and developing GIC's data foundation and infrastructure. You can make a difference in our data journey to shape our world of investments. Responsibilities
- Work closely with business (quantitative strategist, end-users, etc), data engineers, data scientists to implement and support data solutions using best-of-breed technology and methodology.
- Conduct requirement workshop with business and/ or users and analyse requirements holistically.
- Contribute, influence and review the design of data solutions to ensure it meets both business and operational needs. Demonstrate technical expertise in the assigned area.
- Set-up/ improve/ streamline new/ existing data operations process through analysing systems operations data (SLAs, customer satisfaction, delivery quality, team efficiency etc.) for continuous improvements.
- Incorporate data management best practices into operational workflow
- Monitor, analyse, investigate, and resolve day-to-day operational incidents and provide advisory to users
- Manage and maintain strong data vendor relationship to ensure continuous support and knowledge for existing and future data needs
- Play an active role in the project coordinating between internal resources and third parties/vendors for project execution
- Provide coaching and guidance to juniors
- Degree from recognized tertiary institution with at least 5 years of working experience, where at least 2 years of hands-on experience in data management or data analytics within investment and banking industry
- Good understanding of the principles, key controls and processes relating to data management
- Good at working with details and is meticulous for operations
- Good understanding on data modelling, data integration
- Experience working with enterprise databases using database technologies (MS SQL, Snowflake, Redshift and PostgreSQL) and data integration products (e.g. Informatica)
- Experience in programming language in Java, Python
- Experience working with business intelligence/ data visualisation tool using Tableau, PowerBI
- Experienced with SDLC methodology and/or agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- Good team player, with strong analytical skills and enjoy complex problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong inter-personal and people leadership skills to interact with diverse stakeholders
- Experience in data engineering and platform in one or more areas is advantageous:
- Data Virtualization Technology (Denodo)
- O365 Suite