About this role
About the Role:
BlackRock’s Digital Wealth organization is at the center of cutting-edge technologies that
serve financial advisors and investors. Digital Wealth consolidates BlackRock’s varying
products, including iRetire, FutureAdvisor, and Aladdin Risk for Wealth, with marketing
and sales teams -- with the goal of improving the user experience of its technology
products and improving relationships with the advisors who use it.
This position requires solid hands-on programming, creative problem solving,
troubleshooting skills, and an enthusiasm for learning. In this role you will partner with
other high-caliber software engineers to enhance and maintain existing and
next-generation Cloud DevOps tools, frameworks and services.
We are the engineers who create and improve the software development life cycle itself.
We are responsible as a team for the AWS infrastructure that the site runs on, the
continuous integration and delivery systems, the deployment automation and disaster
recovery. In addition, the Platform team develops core services that are foundation to
other teams for their own product development.
● Architect, develop and improve our AWS-based deployment processes using
container technologies such as Docker.
● Liaise with our customers (Engineering teams) and architects to design
improvements to our development lifecycle.
● Design and develop core services (Kotlin, Go, Python) that the rest of the
Engineering teams depend on such as foundational core data services.
● Work with the rest of the Core Platform team to improve our overall infrastructure
reliability, scalability and monitoring.
● Automate processes so that engineers can self-service their operational
● Maintain and improve our CI/CD infrastructure writing code in multiple scripting
languages such as bash, Ruby, Go, etc.
● Participating actively in cross-functional feature requirements gathering, design,
● Performing code reviews and providing timely feedback to other engineers.
● Mentoring junior members of the engineering team on the latest technologies and
● BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or related experience is
● 8+ years of professional software development experience in an Agile SDLC.
● At least 6 years of engineering development experience in two major scripting
languages (Ruby, Python, Go, NodeJS, Groovy).
● At least 3 years of experience creating and maintaining Cloud infrastructure as
code using technologies such as Terraform or Cloudformation.
● At least 2 years of experience with Configuration Management eg. Salt, Chef,
● At least 2 years of experience developing and maintaining a CI system.
● At least 3 years of experience with containers, such as Docker, Kubernetes,
AWS ECS environment or similar.
● Passion for solving problems and improving the performance of technology to
impact the business.
● Care about creating a great product, being responsible for it and collaborating
closely with other engineers.
● Bring a collaborative work style that can be effective in an Agile environment.
● Have a strong mission to automate everything, but you know when introducing
automation might be a bad idea.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other
statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction
records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable
fair chance law
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/us/individual | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.