Vice President- Software Engineering
Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
With operations all over the world and a range of investment products and services, BlackRock is one of the most complex financial services organizations servicing clients today. In order to achieve operational excellence, BlackRock's operations teams ensure BlackRock's mid- and back-office functions are consistent and efficient across investment products, client channels and regions.
The Aladdin Product Group's Post Trade & Accounting Team provides technology solutions for BlackRock's post trade investment life cycle operational processes including Accounting & Reporting platform to support the scale at which BlackRock operates. The team is responsible for a suite of applications including highly complex and scalable performance calculation engines, investment accounting, client reporting systems, platform for reconciliation, derivative management. We innovate incrementally and focus on high level of client service through responsiveness, accuracy and efficiency. Job Description
The candidate would be required to lead the development of key Product Functions within Aladdin Accounting Platform for our Institutional Investors, Insurance Clients and external Aladdin Clients. The candidate would be supported by a team of highly skilled experienced developers and expected to deliver as per agreed upon product roadmap.
In this role you will be providing Technical Literacy, Analytical Assessment, Team Leadership, Communication and Problem-solving abilities to develop highly available, real-time, event-driven solutions to continue the buildout of Accounting Platform. This position will deal with both front-end as well as back-end development that includes Java, dynamic web app frameworks like AngularJS and a host of "big data" technologies/frameworks like Apache Ignite, Cassandra, etc.
Our development team ensures the system remains the premier industry solution by focusing on client experience, accuracy, product coverage, seamless integration with front and back-office systems, and the ability to automate volume through exception-based processing.
As a member of the development team, you will share ownership of these goals and be expected to interact with operational and client facing teams. We offer the opportunity to work with a team of engaged professionals who strive to make quality software that is a pleasure to use in addition to the opportunity to advance your abilities while learning about financial markets. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate excellent Leadership, hands on Technical, Design & Architecture skills and lead the team to arrive at optimal solutions for business challenges.
- Good interpersonal communication and organizational skills to contribute as a leading member of global, distributed teams focused on delivering quality, high performant and scalable solutions
- Able to distill complex technical challenges and requirements to actionable and explainable decisions.
- Lead the Technical team for driving the strategic agenda for product and platform development. Strengthen development practices and culture of Innovation and Automation.
- Identifying required software, systems and interfaces in alignment with enterprise architecture and platform strategy
- Ability to manage stakeholders for driving business decisions, negotiating priorities and partner with various business teams to drive strategy and technology adoption.
- Delivery planning and defining of milestones, prioritize initiatives and decides on right allocation of resources to meet project delivery and business commitments.
- Identify risk to projects and plan for actions to mitigate them. Escalate any kind of risks in a timely manner to ensure that the right stakeholders are informed well in time.
- Operational abilities including early life support and driving root cause analysis and remediation
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new and emerging technologies and vision of technology transformation developing a vision of their suitability and role as a new product within a platform & product landscape
- Ability to manage a strong diverse team of highly skilled engineers. Responsible for constant evaluation for up-skilling of talent and training needs of members.
- Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants.
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture and Design, and hands on Technical skills (Java, UI) with the ability to guide developers for the optimal solution around technical challenges.
- Should have experience on J2EE, Spring (ORM, Security, MVC, AOP and Integration Framework) and JPA / Hibernate
- Should know any JMS implementations (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, IBM MQ etc.)
- Experience on Web services protocols like REST, SOAP and experience in developing using HTTP
- Should have experience on Relational Database (SQL, PL/SQL) and NoSQL like Cassandra, Apache Ignite or Elasticsearch.
- Good to have experience with cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc.)
- Should have knowledge of Continuous integration and continuous deployment (CD/CI) using Git/CVS/SVN and Jenkins.
- Good to have knowledge on Linux Container like Docker, LXC, CoreOS rkt etc and an Orchestration platform like Kubernetes, docker swarm and compose etc.
- Good to have some scripting languages knowledge for example Perl and Python
- Delivery using modern methodologies especially SAFe Agile, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills applied in a practical environment. Well organized, disciplined approach to work with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong work ethics with high level of self-motivation
- Experience in working in large cross functional projects and product development. Strong ability to navigate across teams to resolve challenges.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.