Senior Manager, Digital Controls Office - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Manager, Digital Controls Office
. Principal responsibilities
- The purpose of the Digital Chief Control Office is to enable the RBWM strategy for mobile centred smart banking, through the appropriate application of controls and risk management principles, ensuring that the overall control environment for Digital is fit for managing risk, delivering at pace and to global scale.
- Support Digital delivery into Asia Pacific markets, acting as the first point of call for risk and controls guidance and input on digital design and development, focused on customer solutions and enhanced controls, triaging the need for risk expertise from Legal, Fraud, Financial Crime, Compliance, Information and Cyber Security and Systems Risk.
- Ensuring alignment with country teams on risk assessment and governance.
- Manage issues and controls, applying a diagnostic and problem solving attitude to managing underlying risk, reviewing current and emerging controls positions, challenging existing policies or processes where appropriate and defining new controls to enable the Banks digital strategy.
- The role holder will need to demonstrate strong organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills in order to be successful, given that the establishment and ongoing management of risk and controls for the Digital agenda will require coordination across a wide range of stakeholders.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Strong knowledge of how digital products and services operate
- Strong understanding of Risk areas inherent in providing banking products and services to individuals, particularly the emerging Fraud, Legal, Information Security and Compliance risks inherent in web based services
- Ability to analyse digital solutions to identify risk, while balancing the overall strategic priorities and maintaining a focus on customer experience
- Experience and aptitude to constructively challenge the status quo, particularly from a digital perspective
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of how financial technology is affecting our business, and how this will result in new and emerging risks, innovative opportunities and threats
- Strong knowledge of a Risk and Control function
- Open personality with effective communication skills
- Lead and coordinate with colleagues and key stakeholders in an international team
- Complete presentations, training and lead workshops
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Communication, ability to present complex issues confidently and concisely to Senior Executives and other key stakeholders using non technical easily understood language
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.