Manager, Product Governance and Conduct - Commercial Banking
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Manager, Product Governance and Conduct
. Principal responsibilities
- Perform product governance accountabilities and lead the ongoing product governance initiatives, including annual recertification of the GPI and monitoring CMB Backbook.
- Support the execution of Regional Product Governance Committee and review concept proposals and business cases for various product developments.
- Support delivery and implementation of any new initiatives under Global Product Governance.
- Collaborate closely with Global and Regional stakeholders to streamline product governance framework and process.
- Continuous education of key stakeholders including Product Providers and Country teams.
- Assist in internal First or Second Line of Defence reviews, regulatory audits etc.
- Work with Global CMB to ensure simplification and embedding of minimum Sales Suitability and Quality requirement.
- Support the implementation of any programmes within business for effective pre and post sales checking to ensure delivery of fair
- Support implementation of Sales Suitability and Quality programmes including obtaining countries feedback, working with Global team to devise practical approach, obtain relevant support from governance forums, periodic delivery, tracking and review of results.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Graduate degree in a relevant discipline preferred
- Broad commercial banking experience, with proven experience, ideally with an element of this from frontline
- Effective negotiation skills, with the ability to influence decision making and decision makers
- Proven ability to work in matrix management structure
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and collaborate effectively as part of a team
- Well developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use strong judgmental skills to identify and resolve complex problems whilst adhering to timelines and quality of output.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.