Infrastructure Software Engineer - Information Technology - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
You will be on boarded in the Software Development team that develops and maintains software solutions to address the business needs in IT infrastructure. The small development team is exposed to the domain knowledge of different responsibilities of Infrastructural and User Support, while using Agile framework at scale.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Software Engineer with a strong desire to use modern
development technics to change the way infrastructure is being deployed and managed.
The candidate must demonstrate a strong willingness to learn about new technologies related to infrastructure, new ways of working and share her own experience/knowledge as required by the team to deliver the products.
In a self-managed environment, high degree of autonomy, responsibility and collaboration are required. Main responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain software to manage infrastructures hardware, purchase procurement and staff movement support.
- Exchange with infrastructure engineers to explore innovative solutions for mission critical infrastructure.
- Measure and monitor software usage and behavior and define necessary improvements.
- Engage in incident response to restore production services involving software issues.
- Guide junior developers on development principles and technical skills.
Profile required Profile Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Ruby.
- Experience with object-oriented programming, algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Nice to have:
- Experience in Python web development.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments and/or cloud technologies.
- Experience in database design and other data storage solutions.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting scalable distributed systems.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed (preferred).
- Experience in CI/CD practice, Git versioning control, MVC Rest API, Test-Driven Development and Domain-Driven Design
- Experience with Front-end Web development, such as React or AngularJs
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills, a sense of ownership and motivation.
- Network and other related fundamental infrastructure technologies or services.
- Good understanding of cloud design considerations and limitations.
- Client - Client focus: I nurture a long-term relationship with the clients/internal partners
- Team Spirit - Open mindset/Respect: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode
- Innovation - Technology: I include technological breakthroughs in the strategies implemented
- Responsibility - Empowerment and Accountability: I give resources and autonomy to make decisions
Business insight Environment:
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region. Department Description
Welcome to the IT Infrastructure department, Global Technical Services (GTS).
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Société Générale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery)
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 2021/02/03
Publication date: 2020/12/21