Head of Digital Products, HK - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Head of Digital Products, HK. Principal responsibilities
- Creation & leadership of the HK Digital product strategy, product lifecycle management, and consumer centric frameworks for internal and external customers and users
- Champions the importance and value of product management principles and appropriate product development models while managing specialists in engineering, product, design, marketing and sales.
- Aligns the product management objectives with business objectives, and authorises the selection and planning of all product management activities ensuring no systemic risks arise through the end delivery.
- Oversees the organisation's suite of products and accountable for delivery of customer value and user satisfaction over time. This involves initiating creation of new products, defining and maintaining existing platform operating objectives & overseeing demise of legacy systems.
- Identifies how new products may create new opportunities and how to adapt existing products to create new opportunities.
- Deep understanding of our multiple user segments to establish a product vision while identifying new markets and product opportunities for each.
- Being accountable for delivering on time and within budget managing an end to end integrated product roadmap, regularly managing inter dependencies, risks and issues, and priorities.
- Ensuring benefits and commercial outcomes are realised including revenue, product up-take and usage, cost saves
- Developing the skills and capabilities of the HK Digital Products teams, ensuring knowledge base is up to date on latest technology and advancements
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Proven and progressive analytical, planning and digital product management experience within a business, with proven management experience or equivalent.
- Excellent understanding of the customer need with regard to a customer journey, customer preference and key drivers of performance in this area
- Strong managerial, communications, project management, organizational, lateral thinking, analytical decision making, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Deep understanding of agile delivery principles and quality software engineering processes and practices
- Proficient in best practices for user centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of UX and UI systems, principles and design trends across web, mobile and service design
- An entrepreneurial drive, with the ability to deconstruct and solve problems, to investigate drivers and figure out why things happen
- Proven track record in managing change, particularly given the organization's continually evolving nature
- Ability to build long term relationships with all stakeholders
- Robust knowledge and appreciation of the external Digital landscape
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.