Data Analytics Evangelist - Group Strategy and Projects (Innovation & Data Lab) (9-Month Contract)
HKEX is on an exciting journey to transform our data landscape and ability. Collaborative Intelligence & Analytics, part of the Group Strategy and Project Management division, seeks to empower the staff and clients of HKEX with the use of data, and to improve efficiency and profitability of HKEX's business by making data-driven decisions. We are inviting a Data Analyst or Business Intelligence Specialist to join our team as a Data Analytics Evangelist. The position we offer:
As a Data Analytics Evangelist, you will help to lead innovation with our Big Data and Analytics Platforms, through building and applying various analytical and statistical techniques to drive business growth, including the use of machine learning frameworks and advanced data visualization techniques. You will help various business functions to embed analytical processes into their decision-making framework, building data pipelines for business and operational teams to self-serve business intelligence queries.
You should be experienced in developing dashboards and conducting data and statistical analysis, able to work effectively in cross-functional teams and constantly changing environment. Experience in developing analytics solution on data in hundreds of terabytes or petabyte scale is highly desired. Job Responsibilities:
- Performing analytics and creating visualizations on large volumes of diverse data with our newly built Big Data and Analytics Platform
- Innovate, educate, and drive new data and analytics concepts across all areas in the Group
- Engage with Data Architects and Data Engineers to design and continuously refine platform offerings and architecture
- Working closely with Data Management Team to help to promote data management best practices in the Group
- Working closely with Platform Engineers for product and service launch, including release planning, capacity management and operational review
We expect the ideal candidate to have 4+ years of experience as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Engineer or similar role. You have worked with cloud native analytics solutions on AWS, Azure or GCP and have strong interests in latest Data Technology.
Preferably, you also have:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Data driven thinking
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in cross-functional teams, able to communicate effectively with both business and technical teams
- Experience in end-to-end analytics projects involving a large variety of complex data sets
- Ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management
- Ability to independently influence and drive delivery, set clear expectations and roadmaps
- Advanced skills in data visualization tools like Tableau, Qlik or PowerBI
- Hands on experience of Python / Scala or similar coding languages
- Demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Experience in time-series DB and analysis
- Experience in in-memory data processing / databases
- Experience in data security and protection tools
- Solid grounding in Financial Services industry
- Understanding of statistical models, machine learning, graph analysis
You will be joining a cross functional team in a highly international environment based in Hong Kong, London and Shenzhen.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.