Core Business Services - Business Development - Business Development Executive (Financial Services)
- To be discussed HKD
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Hong Kong
- 12 Sep 18 2018-09-12
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
Join our Business Development team and you will support and execute go-to-market business development and marketing strategies. As a Business Development professional, you’ll work with account teams to build relationships with our clients, drive new business and build revenue growth.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. The opportunity
Inspiring a winning momentum in the Core is not a “nice to have”; it is central to the achievement of our vision. We are therefore taking deliberate steps to energize the teams and to better enable our partners to win in this space. We see this as a critical component of Vision 2020 and a key driver of EY growth agenda. To ensure alignment and consistency in the execution of the strategy, the Account BDE will report to the Region’s BDL, or designee within the BD organization.
Some key activities would be:
- Working with the Global Client Serving Partner (GCSP) and account teams to achieve the goals for Global TER, margin and sales/pipeline
- Advising the GCSP on account planning and the account strategy
- Helping the GCSP to develop broad and deep client relationships
- Serving as a strategic advisor to the GCSP on Service Line integration, pipeline execution, deal review, pricing and negotiation strategies
- Engaging with engagement teams in the field to support them on their most important pursuits
- Supporting the account teams to create and execute a plan to develop critical business relationships across the account
Your key responsibilities
The Account-Centric BDE will be dedicated to one or multiple Core accounts and will be responsible for the following four key areas:
1. Opportunity management
2. Client relationship development
3. Account strategy and sales leadership
- Identifying and assessing opportunities within the account
- Managing the most strategic and largest opportunities
- Driving strategic pursuits by using EY sales tools, processes and methodologies
- Driving the pricing and negotiations strategy on the account
Client relationship development:
- Building relationships with C-suite/business unit buying influencers
- Creating opportunities for other team members to engage with key client contacts
- Identifying and building new relationships while recognizing and addressing gaps in existing relationships throughout the organization
- Delegating relationship management (as appropriate)
- Driving ECS in every external and internal encounter which includes:
- Being connected to the clients’ business agenda and leveraging the global EY network to connect our clients to the right people
- Being responsive to our clients’ needs and seeking and providing continuous feedback
- Being insightful through proactively sharing relevant insights
- Participating in the ASQ/ESQ process
Account strategy and sales leadership:
- Instilling a winning culture within assigned account(s)
- Sharing leading practices throughout the BD organization
- Managing the overall messaging and branding of relationship
- Managing the overall account plan and revenue plan
- Being involved in the account deal review
- Managing the metrics — providing oversight and addressing challenges
- Forecasting (three year plan)
To qualify for the role you must have
- 6-10 years’ experience in a strategic sales environment with a proven track record.
- Strong financial knowledge gained through selling complex solutions that require business case development.
- 2 years’ experience working in a professional services environment.
- Experience selling to C-suite and heads of business units.
- Strong knowledge of target industry regulatory environments, drivers, issues, initiatives and practices.
- Demonstrable results in sales and sales management within a strategic solutions sales environment with a proven ability to lead teams brought together around an account opportunity.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and selling skills
- Ability to quickly understand complex products and broad service offerings
What working at EY offers
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, knowledge and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.