- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
Lead Analyst Covered Bonds (Italian Speaker)
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, GermanyThe Role / Responsibilities:
Lead Analyst Covered Bonds (ALA1, Analyst, AVP-Analyst or VPSA level)
The individual will be primarily responsible for the analysis of the quantitative, structural, legal, and credit aspects of a portfolio of covered bonds, publish research, and work on special projects intended to enhance Moody's analytics and research. The candidate will be expected to lead rating committees and offer his or her analysis of the potential credit impact of different factors affecting the credit strength of the rated transactions. At times, the individual will work closely with other analysts and other supporting staff in rating transactions.
- Perform analysis for covered bonds and recommend ratings for new transactions or monitor ratings of existing transactions.
- Primarily responsible for analysing asset pools, transaction structures and cash flows using Moody's methodologies and models, and other quantitative or qualitative tools or methods to formulate independent credit opinions and make recommendations to committee. The analysis will also include reviewing legal documents and third party reports.
- Independently present at rating committees and other internal credit discussions and demonstrate sound credit judgment and strong knowledge of Moody's methodologies.
- Lead issuer meetings including on-site visits and communicate professionally with investors and bankers..
- Publish high quality research on pertinent credit events and sector trends.
- Substantially contribute to other sector research such as outlooks, as well as other projects such as methodologies.
- Contribute to maintenance and improvement of Moody's processes and methodologies.
- Build relationships with investors, underwriters/arrangers and issuers and manage key strategic relationships.
The Department / Team:
The Ratings and Research (R&R) department is focused on the development of rating opinions and research, content and outreach, and the delivery of our services to issuers and investors.
Few opportunities arise that provide the combination of relevance, responsibility and exposure to in-depth credit analysis, with the level of access to structured finance and covered bond issuers, arrangers and investors that you find as an Analyst at Moody's.
Operating across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, you will have immediate exposure, visibility and impact, whilst working on real cases where the application of your skills and expertise have an impact in financial markets.
Analysts lead the evaluation of ratings within the framework of Moody's rating methodologies; either focusing on new ratings or monitoring a portfolio of existing ratings. You will bring a multidisciplinary approach, applying qualitative considerations to modelling and structural analysis, and engaging with senior personnel at a broad range of financial institutions. You will also contribute to thought-leading research and participate in conferences and meetings with investors. And you will be part of a team, with colleagues who are truly experts in their field, focused on helping you to develop credit views that offer rigour and relevance.
Moody's flat hierarchy ensures that Analysts' roles are broad and deep. When you combine that breadth and scope with the collegiate atmosphere and the international environment with high-quality talent across the business, it is a truly rewarding working experience that will stretch your abilities and challenge your talents.
As a global company, Moody's provides an excellent personal and career development platform to grow your career and develop your analytical expertise across geographies, businesses and sectors. As an organisation that values experience, there is a vast resource of knowledge within the business that can support your learning objectives, in parallel to the structured learning and development process.
- Relevant experience in structured finance and/or covered bonds
- Graduate degree (e.g., BSc, MBA, Master's) in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Law or related quantitative field
- Legal background would be advantageous
- Knowledge of financial and fixed income markets
- Good oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- While not required, strong Microsoft Excel or statistical skills is a plus
- While not required, familiarity with banking and finance law is a plus
- While not required, programming skills (VBA, SQL, C) is a plus
- Proven analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Professional, proactive, shows initiative, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Sound judgment and highest ethical standards; capable of developing independent opinions and defending views
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and contribute to a large and diverse team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- English and Italian is essential.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.