Who we are :
Murex is a global fintech leader in trading, risk management and processing solutions for capital markets.
Operating from our 19 offices, 2500 Murexians from over 60 different nationalities ensure the development, implementation and support of our platform which is used by banks, asset managers, corporations and utilities, across the world.
Join Murex and work on the challenges of an industry at the forefront of innovation and thrive in a people-centric environment.
You'll be part of one global team where you can learn fast and stay true to yourself. The Team :
In the tech coaching team, we believe that the way to reach this is to keep learning and improving! We continuously innovate new ways to help the Murex development teams that want to adopt agile engineering practices to make the leap.
If this resonates with you: join us ! Your missions / What you'll do :
Here are the key coaching benefits that you will enjoy after becoming a technical agile coach at Murex:
- You will have the security to play the long term game. As hired internal coaches rather than contractors, we get the chance to do what is the most effective rather than repeating the same recipe.
- You will only work with volunteer coachees. We approach technical coaching as a startup that is innovating and diffusing a new culture. The teams pay with their time, and can opt-out whenever they want.
- You will interact with various profiles from testing to development to product ownership, across the many teams of Murex.
- You will innovate on the coaching pedagogy. We already use a wide variety of coaching formats: part-time coaches, self-service coaching, gamification, TCR, custom designed workshops, as well as variety of more traditional Katas, Code Retreats, and mobs, etc.
- You will improve your legacy-code coaching skills. Some parts of the Murex codebase are more than 30 years old. It's a real coaching challenge to find ways to help teams maintain and improve their code and practices over the long term.
- You will have an impact! The size of the company is challenging, yet it's still small enough for our team to have an impact.
- You will contribute to open source. We push as much of our coaching material to the open source community as we can. You can check out and contribute to our content (such as our coding dojos TCR tool on Github
- You'll have time to talk at conferences if this motivates you. Murex will support you when you have ideas for talks at public conferences.
If you fit the below requirements, we would love to meet you! Your profile :
- At least 5 years of experience as a software engineer
- Great teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong interest in eXtreme Programming (TDD, pairing, mobbing...)
- Love for learning and experimenting new methods & techniques
- Will to share learning with others
Nice to have experience and skills
Any of the following would be a plus
Why should you join us?
- Expertise in a team practicing eXtreme Programming
- Knowledge on a daily basis, in a Scrum team
- Appetence as Scrum Master
- Acquirement as an agile coach, technical or not
- Strong XP skills (TDD, pairing, mobbing...)
A multicultural community united and passionate,
Opportunity to participate in many events (Tech-Talks, Meetups, CppCon, CodeOne, Devoxx ...).