Investment Analyst (Full-time, Sydney based)
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
Purpose of your role Our Investment Analyst works as part of our regional research team in Asia Pacific (ex-Japan), assuming analytical responsibility for regional coverage (sector or country) and providing investment recommendations to our Portfolio Managers both locally and worldwide. Analysts may rotate between different sectors and/or countries every 2-3 years. This provides a diversified experience in different markets and allows for a more all rounded investment professional. Although the position will be based in Australia, the role will be required to work closely with analysts/associates in other locations.
- Take responsibility for the analysis of a list of stocks allocated by the Director of Research; typically such a list will comprise 25-30 names.
- Ramp coverage on those names within a time period agreed with the Director of Research; typically within 12 months.
- Use all sources available to formulate a view on the stocks under your assigned coverage. This would include sources within the company as well as other industry sources such as competitors and customers, and external sources such as sell-side brokers and third-party research providers.
- Maintain a current rating on each stock on the assigned coverage list. Ratings go from 1 (strong buy) to 5 (strong sell).
- Publish regular reports on assigned stocks.
- Communicate your views to PMs via written reports, voice mails, emails, and face to face meetings.
- Host company meetings on companies on your list for PMs when appropriate.
- Provide an industry update annually on the industries under your assigned coverage.
- Maintain a notional paper portfolio comprised of the stocks on your assigned coverage list.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- MBA/CFA or relevant degree
- At least 6 - 10 years relevant experience in financial services
- Excellent financial analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Highly motivated, able to think logically
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to obtain an Investment Representatives licence
- Willing to travel around the region at least 20% of the time