- Attractive Salary & Benefits
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Wirecard Asia Holding Pte Ltd
- 25 Apr 19
Wirecard (GER:WDI) is one of the world’s fastest growing digital platforms in the area of financial commerce. We provide both business customers and consumers with a constantly expanding ecosystem of real-time value-added services built around innovative digital payments by using an integrated B2B2C approach. This ecosystem concentrates on the areas payment & risk, retail & transaction banking, loyalty & couponing, data analytics & conversion rate enhancement in all sales channels (online, mobile, ePOS). Wirecard operates regulated financial institutions in several key markets, holds issuing and acquiring licenses from all major payment and card networks.
- Render legal advice on aspects of regulatory compliance, including but not limited to ethics/anti-bribery, anti-money laundering, licensing, mandatory reporting requirements, outsourcing, the provision of financial or product advice, and advertising;
- Assist to obtain and/or renew regulatory licences for jurisdictions assigned, including the preparation and submission of all required documentation;
- Assist to build, maintain and update the Compliance Obligation Registers for all assigned jurisdictions;
- Assist to draft and revise Compliance policies, including but not limited corporate governance, anti-money laundering,
- Review, approval or rejection of AML/KYC escalations;
- Evaluate potentially suspicious transactions and filing STRs where appropriate;
- Review new or revised products and provide Compliance input and monitor product development to ensure compliance;
- Review, and negotiate merchant/partner/customer contracts to ensure that Compliance requirements are appropriately embedded;
- Assist in all payment scheme-related applications including but not limited to Visa, Mastercard, UnionPay, and JCB;
- Assist to build and maintain a regulatory change regime which will have alert system, operational implementation, and post-implementation monitoring;
- Assist to coordinate external and internal audits as required for, but not limited to, the purposes of internal investigations, mandatory regulatory or scheme requirements;
- Conduct or support internal investigations, including the securing of evidence, interview of witnesses, case evaluation and recommendation on actions and next steps;
- Support the Compliance training program, including development, implementation and execution;
- Attend and respond to regulator inquiries, inspections and investigations;
- Retaining all regulatory communications and correspondences including notices and circulars; and
- Generally assist the Head of Global Regulatory Compliance, in all other matters as directed.
- Previous Experience. Minimum of 5 years in a legal or compliance position; or in a regulated financial services company, including stored value facility or credit card acceptance/acquiring would be an advantage; and
- Have sufficient experience across full suite of Compliance work such as: Drafting of AML Policy & Handling of high risk customers such as PEPs, sanctioned individuals, high risk industries.
- Experience in establishing a compliance framework for AUSTRAC-regulated financial institutions
- Experience in ensuring delivery of regulatory reports for AUSTRAC such as eftpos and more
- Languages. Native-level fluency in English, and mastery in drafting policy documents and regulatory responses.