- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Aug 17
Senior Business Analyst (ServiceNow Process Analyst)
Location: New York, NY, USAResponsibilities
- Build strong working relationships with both IT and business partners, establishing working groups and workshops with key IT stakeholders and vendors as required
- Document and map current Moody's ITSM processes and perform gap analyses against desired or best practice, preferably using industry standard techniques and frameworks such as Lean and ITIL
- Work closely with process owners and request type owners to elicit and agree requirements for request workflows and IT self-service on Moody's ServiceNow instance
- Ensure users are respectfully challenged when requesting ServiceNow enhancements and that lean/six sigma, process design standards are integrated into each design
- Work with vendors, developers, SCRUM Master and Product/Process Owners to reach consensus on appropriate solutions
- Design optimal self-service forms, user-interface navigation and layout with the end-user experience in mind.
- Design request fulfillment workflows for the purposes of on-boarding, server deployments, application access and hardware provisioning, among other use cases
- Ensure workflows are designed with efficiency, operational effectiveness and continuous service improvement in mind
- Ensure appropriate designs are signed off and prioritized through the SCRUM process
- Ensure all requirements and designs are adequately documented through collaboration with development teams and process owners
- Accurately document requirements for other process improvements across the ITIL lifecycle such as Incident, Knowledge, Request, Problem, Change, Release, Configuration, Access, Asset, Demand, Event, Capacity and Service Level Management
Moody's Information Technology
Skills & Background
- 5-10 years' experience in a ITSM consulting or ITSM system business analysis role
- Highly capable at critical analysis of current processes and identification of gaps vs. best practices
- Capable of applying pragmatism in end-user requests and discussing advantages and disadvantages of certain approaches to articulate future state
- Highly Knowledgeable of ITSM processes, in particular, but not limited to request fulfillment
- Highly Knowledgeable in best practices relating to ITSM, particularly ITIL
- Highly Knowledgeable in ServiceNow or a similar ITSM software platform
- Skilled in facilitating workshops, gathering user requirements and confirming stakeholder sign-off
- Capable of managing stakeholder expectations effectively in terms of adherence to standards and delivery dates
- Skilled in standard analysis and design techniques such as workflow modeling, use case design, entity relationship diagrams
- Skilled with process optimization techniques such as Failure Mode Effect Analysis and Value Stream Mapping
- Excellent stakeholder management skills - builds trust and relationships with key users and user groups
- Excellent planning skills
- Experience in an Agile working environment
- Experience of working in environments using a recognized Project Methodology such as Agile, Waterfall or Prince 2
- Bachelor's Degree required. Major in Computer Science or Information Systems highly preferred
- ITIL Foundation certification required. ITIL intermediate preferred. ITIL expert highly preferred
- SCRUM certification preferred
- Lean Six Sigma or similar process engineering qualifications preferred
- Certification in PMI or related project management methodologies is a plus, but not required
- Certification or knowledge of IT Management frameworks such as TOGAF, SIAM, COBIT and HDI is a plus, but not required
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.