- USD1 - USD10000 per hour
- Manhattan, NY, USA
- Contract, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 13 Aug 17
* Negotiate and draft ISDAs and other derivatives agreements * Handle amendments and light negotiation assignments with minimal supervision * Ensure timely execution of all documents. * Liaise with derivatives operations and other internal teams to coordinate group's work
Diversified asset manager, providing investment advisory and asset management services to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide. The Negotiation Assistant's primary role will be to manage negotiation assignments and assist senior derivative documentation negotiators (all of whom hold law degrees) in the Global Derivatives Documentation Group.
- Negotiate and draft ISDAs and other derivatives agreements
- Handle amendments and light negotiation assignments with minimal supervision
- Ensure timely execution of all documents.
- Liaise with derivatives operations and other internal teams to coordinate group's work
- Prepare and distribute team global status reports
- Maintaining databases of account, fund and counter party contacts and agreements
- Design, scope and manage various projects that arise from time to time
- Prepare PowerPoint and other presentation material
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a derivatives documentation team of a major bank or large asset manager.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational and problem solving skills, attention to detail.
- The candidate must have the ability and desire to take on and effectively prioritize multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel is a must
- Ability to manage in a fast paced environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Prior experience as a paralegal at a law firm or large in-house legal department, or in a corporate finance / hedge fund/ asset management setting, is helpful but not required.
- BA / BS or equivalent minimum; JD preferred
- Benefits available
- Competitive hourly rate
- Start ASAP