Training and Adoption Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 15 Aug 17
Responsible for ensuring that relevant training frameworks are in place to upskill the IT Security workforce in line with the target operating model
The Training and Adoption Analyst, reporting into the Lead, is responsible for ensuring that relevant training frameworks are in place to upskill the IT Security workforce in line with the target operating model and to ensure that methodologies and tools are consistently adopted in target state. The role holder acts as an SME in training and adoption, coordinating standardised frameworks and processes across IT Security at a global level. Initially a job catalogue for IT Security will need to be created in close consultation with HR and each of the Functional Heads (or delegates) along with a market benchmarking activity to ensure created in line with the wider industry.
In the transitional state, he/she manages the development and rollout of a training plan and strategy, catering to different role requirements and leveraging existing materials and tools within HSBC. He/she identifies opportunities for improvement and works with IT Security Leadership to ensure robustness and accuracy of content. He/she also works with IT Security Function Leads to define standards, controls and KPIs to measure and track adoption of methodology, processes and tools.
In target state, the role focuses on continuous improvement of training frameworks, ensuring that the offering supports changes in the IT organisation, such as the transition to DevOps. He/she maintains the branding of materials and events, and introduces creativity into the learning and development strategy, building on industry best practice and innovations. The Training and Adoption Lead is also responsible for tracking the adoption of methods and tooling. He/she identifies and removes barriers to success and works with the Communications Lead to collect, collate and analyse feedback on the effectiveness and ease of use of the methodologies and tools put in place across IT.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of industry standards / best practice for learning and development frameworks, methods and tools
- Good knowledge of Agile / SDLC and frameworks and tools
- Good knowledge of the changes in ways of working and the associated upskilling requirements
- Understanding of differing regional training requirements
- Good knowledge of IT Security qualifications and standards an advantage.
- Experience in engaging and aligning strategies across Technology and a Learning and Development function
- Experience in the delivery of a technology focused training strategy
- Extensive Change Management or Consultancy experience in a technology environment
- Strong understanding of the technology function with the ability to grasp and understand technology operating models
- Proven track record of delivery in a project management role an advantage
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Results focused with an ability to work autonomously
- Creative with ability to think outside the box
- Excellent team-building, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Embracing change
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant training certification