Stress Testing Manager, Private Banking
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 19 Aug 17
Stress Testing Manager, Private Banking
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
One of the key responsibilities of the department is the Bank's Capital and Liquidity Stress Testing framework. This includes the monitoring of the model's results and the development of associated methodologies (including market, operational and credit risk) and all relevant documentation.
The department is also responsible for the creation of commercial and other business line Management information.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• The creation, maintenance and developing internal and Regulatory stress testing models.
• Developing junior staff
• Assisting other Group Risk Managers.
Summary of responsibilities
• Development of Group Risk Assessment Models, Processes and Procedures
Detail of level of responsibility for:
- Development of Liquidity Stress Testing for Group ILAAP Process; analysing the bank's liquidity position and review and implementation of the quantitative model methodologies
- Assessment of the Group and entity liquidity and capital break points for recovery planning (RRP)
- Planning and coordination of the CFP tests
- Development of Liquidity and Capital Reverse Stress Testing Models
- Development of the internal Group Operational Risk Model (replicating the Group's AMA model)
- Development of the Banks Liquidity and Capital EWIs
• Liquidity and Capital Risk & Regulatory Responsibilities
- Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk breaches within their scope.
- Monitoring of sources of risks via Liquidity / Capital EWIs and review of effectiveness of prevention measures.
- Ensure compliance with group policies, procedures within the business line.
- Ensure timely intervention when breaches occur and analysis of the causes to avoid repeated issues.
- Presenting proposals changes to agreed methodologies via the Stress Testing Committee
- Annual development of the bank's core stress testing scenarios (Liquidity and Capital)
- Lead the Bank's Pillar 2 assessment workshops
- Modelling stressed scenario regulatory capital requirements (including the IRB credit risk requirements under stress)
- Ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SG Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships.
• Organisation and governance
- Permanent member of the Group Stress Testing Committee.
• Resource Management
- Handling of sensitive issues
- Responsible for liaising with Deputy Head of Risk and HR in relation to compensation, promotions and staff development
- Ensuring the team appropriately managed and adequately supervised and controlled.
- Contribution to proposals on the distribution of the bonus and salary pool.
- Managing Risk resources (recruitment training, career management, compensation) in coordination with regional partners.
- Development of staff (i.e. having a growth plan, filling in products gaps, upgrading as necessary)
- Ensuring job descriptions exist, individual appraisals are carried out and objectives are in place
- Ensuring appropriate resources are adequately utilised
• Co-operation with other departments
- Assisting the ALM, Regulatory, Finance, Treasury and Private Banking Teams with data and analysis as needs arise
• Other expectations
- Embody Code of Conduct and behavioural competency
Level of Autonomy and Authority
Internal Stress Testing models within the ALCO governance structure
• Manager competencies as defined in the SG Leadership Model
• Experience in SQL
• Experience in VBA
• Experience in Forecasting and monitoring market trends
• Experience in research to assess the severity of risk
• Knowledge of Quantitative Analysis techniques (statistics, Monte-Carlo, VaR etc)
• Detailed knowledge of Credit, Market and Operational Risk and their assessment techniques
• Experience of the ILAAP process
• Experience of the ICAAP process
• Familiarity with the liquidity contingency plan process
• Knowledge of CRD IV desirable
• Defined CISI qualification
• Finance Degree/Masters
• Background in Coding/Mathematics desirable
• CFA/PRM desirable
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.