Global Head of Conduct Conformance (1st Line)
- £130,000 basic plus bonus and bens
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Holmes Search
- 15 Aug 17
The Conduct & Control team is responsible for ensuring the first line of defence performance, by enforcing controls and monitoring behaviours. This role as the leader of Regulatory Conformance will fit into a wider team covering risk monitoring policy and supervision.
The Regulatory Conformance function is responsible for monitoring and advising upon regulatory developments in relation to global markets trading. The function assists the Bank in responding to these regulatory developments through regulatory review, business impact analysis and the coordination of and assisting with, implementation programmes to ensure that the Bank is fully compliant with the regulatory and legislative requirements of the markets in which we operate.
Regulatory Conformance leads the management and delivery of strategic regulatory change initiatives across Global Markets. To work with the Front Office Senior Managers and Certified Persons to ensure they understand and comply with all Regulatory change, required training and that line managers have MI to track conformance. This includes identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting on the implementation and evolution of the key policies and procedures responding to the changing regulatory framework. To foster a regulatory awareness culture in the Front Office to reduce control breaches and Operational Risk incidents. Drive the implementation of the Three Lines of Defense model ensuring performance of the First Line of Defense (Front Office). Perform cyclical process of framework evaluation & challenge to ensure we are aligned to industry good practice.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Managing and leading the Regulatory Conformance function within Global Markets
- Strategic regulatory advisor to Front Office stakeholders on regulatory change initiatives
- Own the operating model and strategic planning for the Regulatory Conformance pillar, guiding management on the key requirements for provision of MI that is fit for purpose and adds value, balanced with interim solutions for current state monitoring.
- Liaising with the Head of Regulatory Change and other stakeholders to ensure Front Office is fully engaged and forward looking in its approach and implementation.
- Leading, developing, and engaging with the implementation of Compliance led and Bank wide regulatory change programmes
- Helping to establish a compliance and regulatory control framework for identifying and reporting on regulatory change
- Member of the Strategic programmes delivery for all regulatory change projects
- Developing and implementing end-to-end management information on all regulatory change programmes in order to execute against Business and Compliance strategy
- Advising upon and embedding regulatory change control frameworks
- Liaising with and managing regulatory interactions with the Bank’s regulators on regulatory change mandates where required on behalf of the Front Office.
- Providing governance and oversight of all regulatory change topics, including the assessment and integration of international change considerations in the network branches and offices.
- Supporting, assisting and managing (where applicable) the executive committee regulatory change governance forum
- Implementing, drafting and delivering training content as applicable
- Implementing and tracking remediation and corrective items to enhance control frameworks
- Ensuring that at the close of any regulatory change programmes, the accountable departments have confirmed that the necessary control frameworks are in place
- To identify and respond to Operational risk incidents using identification, escalation, investigation, and remediation/risk acceptance approach. This includes working with the 2Nd Line of Defense Operational Risk in assisting a fair and proper investigation (e.g. breaches of staff policy, operational risk incidents)
- Attend industry forums relating to Conduct and Control to ensure we are keeping pace with good practice and new dangers in the market place.
- Develop Business Management and Desk Head relationships to influence & encourage a tone from the top, providing the tools they need linked to the Senior Managers Regime and within our regulatory and shareholder commitments
- Managing, mentoring and developing any direct report(s) through team meetings, training plans and goal setting via the 360 annual review process. Where manager experience is needed, to take training/courses to ensure that you are ready to accept responsibility in the future.