- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Aug 17
Financial Data Analyst - German Speaker
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Financial Data Analysts (FDA) team consists of a diverse set of FDAs supporting various groups within Moody's Investors Service. These include Banking, Insurance, Corporate Finance and Sovereign groups. The global team is located in London, New York, Hong Kong, and Tokyo in order to support Analysts based in EMEA, the AMERICAS and ASIA PACIFIC regions. Each FDA supports one of the above regions and business lines, however there is often opportunity to train in other areas at later stages.
As a Financial Data Analyst, you will contribute to the financial analysis of the rating process, which has a significant impact on any given rating. As an FDA, you will be involved in the sourcing of financial statements and co-ordinating with outsourcers in regard to spreading data into internal templates. You will also play a key role in reviewing and performing accounting adjustments to the financial data as per analyst and region specific requirements. From time to time, you will also be asked to contribute to ad-hoc projects.
- Compile financial data for issuers using annual/interim reports and other sources. In addition, ensure financial data complies with Moody's rating methodologies and where required performing adjustments to data to ensure global comparability.
- Ensure timeliness and quality of data captured including the ongoing monitoring of the quality of data spread by outsourced resources.
- Interact with ratings analysts within the wider group with regards to financial statistics needed for their analysis and publications.
Operations, Data and Controls (ODC) / Financial Institutions Group (FIG)
- Minimum of a BSc (or equivalent) in Accounting or Finance
- A good understanding of financial statements is essential.
- Relevant work experience in accounting, finance or economics is highly desirable
- Excellent communication, organisational and administrative skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Client Care
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work pro-actively and multi-task
- Computer literate with a strong knowledge of Excel
- Fluency in English and German is required
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.