- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Aug 17
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Role / Responsibilities:
The FP&A team is looking to hire a Director of Financial Planning and Analysis to oversee Sales, Revenue and Expense reporting and forecasting for the Moody's Bureau van Dijk Business Unit. In this role we need a highly motivated individual with a proven track record for strategic thinking, excellent communication and collaboration across teams.
The employee will establish an operational plan to enable BvD to provide, forecasting and financial analysis, that aligns with MA-wide approach whilst a project is underway to integrate both organizations on to the same set of financial systems. The reporting requirements include but are not limited to, monthly financial package for management analysis, providing explanation of sales, revenue and expense performance versus prior year and established targets. As well as facilitate the annual budgeting process, 5 year strategic plan, quarterly forecasts and monthly estimates, the FP&A employee will create a sales reporting framework that is consistent with all other Moody's Analytics business units, focusing on the establishment of Growth Attribution - like, measures to allow for comparative analysis between BvD and other MA businesses.
Additional responsibilities will include, working with existing BvD team members, who will assist in the creation of business analytics and forecast measures (existing capacity unknown).
- Review existing models and align with MA-wide approach
- Analyze the sales pipeline and track the progress of opportunity life cycles, to help understand the new business prospects
- Support BvD in their pursuit of commercial opportunities, focused on organic growth, by providing ad-hoc analysis on customer and market information
- Understand sales operation workflow including pricing and products, to support recommendations for technical framework of sales analytics
- Work closely with the Senior management team on strategic operating issues, long-term strategic and profit goals through the development and implementation of financial and strategic planning
- Create executive level presentations for business updates to both the senior management team and key stakeholders
- Provide recommendations to senior management to drive business performance, including the identification of potential risks and opportunities.
- Collaborate with Moody's Analytics senior management team, FP&A colleagues, Business and Corporate Planning, Accounting, HR, and Corporate Development
The Department / Team:
The MA Admin department supports the financial planning and reporting for all MA business lines.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Accounting, or Management; MBA preferred
- Analytical and strategy experience, preferably within Financial services industry
- Extensive experience with building annual operating plans, budgets, and forecasting.
- Demonstrated "big picture" strategic thinking and the ability to provide recommendations to individual business units.
- Demonstrated capabilities in project management and tactical execution within a financial services setting.
- Senior executive management skills, including ability to negotiate complex relationships across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Strategic influencing skills to ensure alignment to strategic objectives across functions, departments and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas and converting resistance to endorsement. - Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Hyperion Planning and Smartview is preferred
- Exposure to PeopleSoft Financials general ledger software
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.