- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Aug 17
Associate Director – Engagement Manager
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Role / Responsibilities:
You will be an active member of a team that works with leading banks, insurers, asset managers and other financial institutions to solve their foremost challenges related to financial risk, including loan origination, deal underwriting, single obligor credit risk modelling, portfolio management and regulatory compliance. The team is responsible for both advisory projects as well as managing products (credit risk models) within the Europe, Middle East and Africa area.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead project teams to design and deliver customised solutions and arrange post-project support.
- Oversee projects run by more junior members of the team
- Conduct design and knowledge transfer workshops on quantitative and qualitative methodologies so that clients can utilise the full potential of our solution. You are expected to train, quantitative analysts, non-quantitative credit analysts and senior executives.
- Build custom credit risk models (PD/LGD/EAD/Stress Testing/IFRS9/Correlation/Migration) using clients' and/or Moody's Analytics data for the wholesale segment.
- Lead business development efforts, which includes writing proposals, attending pre-sale meetings to provide expertise and recommend solutions while determining client requirements and project scope.
- Be involved in managing our credit risk products. This will include leading model developments, documentation, marketing and sales strategies. Within these processes, you are also expected to provide feedback and solutions to meet our clients and prospective clients in EMEA.
The Department / Team
The Enterprise Risk Services team provides consultative services to ensure that our clients get the most out of our products and solutions. In expanding our business globally, the need for local knowledge of client opportunities and working with clients increases. We would need the team to provide the effective feedback of these local knowledge into our global product solution in order to grow our business. We are looking for a talent in supporting us with these challenges.
- Minimum BA (or equivalent) with an emphasis in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, or related quantitative field. MA or MSc degree a plus. FRM or PRM or CFA designation a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of R, SAS, Matlab, and Excel.
- Relevant experience in financial markets, gained at either a top-tier consulting firm or within a commercial banking or capital markets environment.
- Experience in building credit risk models.
- Familiarity with modern credit risk management and the requirements of Basel II / III and European Regulation.
- Track record of successful project management, preferably within a commercial banking or consultancy environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and persistence in analytical and problem solving, quantitative approach to understanding problems in finance
- Must be flexible with international travel including Middle East and Africa.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build professional relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Pro-active attitude with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Fluent in English. Fluency in another European language beneficial.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available atwww.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.