- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Aug 17
Assistant General Counsel – EMEA Employment Law
Location: London, England, United KingdomMoody's Corporation (" MCO "), a leading provider of credit rating services, and financial software and information to assess credit risk, is seeking an Assistant General Counsel- Employment.
- The Assistant General Counsel - EMEA Employment will assist in overseeing all EMEA employment related matters for Moody's. The incumbent will leverage their prior law firm and (preferably) in-house experience to assist in integration of acquired companies. The individual will also be responsible for ensuring internal best practices on managing employee relations, litigation and compliance matters, oversee the work of outside counsel on employment litigation cases, and advise on external agency matters and internal investigations.
- Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Serving as key legal advisor on EMEA employment law related matters including strategic HR initiatives, employee relations, benefits, compensation, recruiting and diversity & inclusion.
- Assuming responsibility for partnering with Human Resources to assist Moody's Analytics in integrating acquired companies and ensuring employment law compliance.
- Updating corporate HR policies and related materials to remain current with state of the law.
- Drafting employment contracts and other employment related documents.
- Partnering with Human Resources to address workforce representation related issues, including national labor unions and representative bodies.
- Developing, implementing and managing employment law compliance initiatives as directed by management.
Moody's Shared Service Legal
- The position requires extensive employment law experience and expertise.
- In-house experience preferred.
- A financial services or fintech background preferred.
- The position requires the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as effective interpersonal skills, excellent negotiation skills, and the ability to work well with senior and executive managers.
- Must be licensed to practice in assigned location and have related experience.
- Significant hands-on experience managing matters in employment litigation, and federal and state proceedings and audits.
- Proven ability to manage outside counsel on complex matters, including all forms of employment litigation (including class actions and multistate cases).
- A practical, business-based approach to problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that facilitate prompt and constructive solutions as well as pragmatic thinking.
- An ideal candidate will be licensed and/or have extensive experience counseling on employment law matters in Brussels, France, Geneva, Germany and the United Kingdom.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.