- Permanent, Full time
- Space Executive Pte Ltd
- 12 Aug 17
Strategy and Culture
· Maintain close relationships with business heads and product managers, and liaise with them in adopting global standard documentation, particularly for the funds business.
· Promote the culture and practice of compliance with legal standards (including conducting business within legal and regulatory requirements, and to high ethical standards) within the Bank and embed Group Code of Conduct.
· Develop thought leadership capability – as demonstrated by visibility within the Bank, and as a point of contact for Business.
Business Advisory and Transactional Support
· Develop and implement global standards and initiatives for legal matters in relation to the Business, focusing on the funds business.
· Support Business and drive operational efficiencies/improvements.
· Ensure that the global standard documentation is fit for purpose.
· Oversee external counsel engagement, if necessary.
· Within the Bank Group's overall Risk Management Framework, contribute to the establishment and maintaining of appropriate risk based legal frameworks for identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, mitigating and reporting legal risks .
· Contribute to development of appropriate legal policies and procedures.
· Contribute to ensuring appropriate product governance measures are in place so that product approval documents reflect all relevant legal requirements for Business.
· Contribute to establishing and maintaining of effective processes (including training, advice and support) to ensure that policies, procedures and standards to address legal are effectively implemented across Business.
· Ensure that policies, procedures and standards to address legal risks are effectively implemented across Business via early socialization with stakeholders in procedure design/parameters, ratification by appropriate committees, and ensuring corresponding appropriate communication and training across footprint.
· Provide support to the Bank’s senior management to ensure that they establish and monitor appropriate processes for compliance with legal policies, procedures and standards (including meeting legal obligations and maintaining high standards of conduct).
· Ensure effective management of legal matters across Business.
· Assist in the provision of reports to relevant Bank Group and WM Business risk and control committees and management group on key legal risks and issues where required.