- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 07 Aug 17
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.The Interaction Designer is responsible for discovering, understanding and communicating the needs and wants of employees, and the requirements of the business, and merging the two to create experiences that delight.
The role holder is the champion for the end user, advocating for them to ensure the quality and usability of the final product. In all your interactions - with the business, project managers, engineers, developers, architects, etc. - you'll advocate for what users want, need and expect from what we are creating.
For big projects, this means defining the full user experience within a project: from conducting research to understand users' needs and wants, to translating those needs in order to produce user requirements specifications, information architecture, prototypes and workflows. The role holder will also be responsible for guiding the development effort to ensure the right outcome, including defining and directing usability testing.
But not everything we do is large scale, the small stuff counts too. So for every big initiative you're working on, there'll be several small scale initiatives that you'll need to guide and input to.
The role holder will participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes project management, business representatives, vendors and developers.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Strategy and Planning
- Work with the business to identify opportunities to improve user experience, to identify innovation opportunities based on research and analytical outcomes. Facilitate design thinking with stakeholders. Pitch ideas to relevant stakeholders and forums.
- Partner with the Engineering, Testing and Development teams to embed design thinking methodology in the product development lifecycle.
- Keep abreast of internal and market developments (technologies, best practices, and competitor strategies) and provide forward-looking leadership to ensure that the target architecture will meet the challenges of the future.
- Support projects through teamwork and collaboration, working closely with stakeholders to challenge the current state and design integrated, end to end solutions (consistent with target architecture) that enable the organisation to operate efficiently, providing employees and line managers with tools that help them perform their roles more effectively.
- Work with other members of the UX team to plan, prioritise, coordinate, and conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modelling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- Collaborate on the planning and execution of qualitative and quantitative research activities.
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowchart, design prototypes and wireframes.
- Produce low-to-medium fidelity prototypes that can be used to test ideas. Define and apply established interface and interaction principles. Define and apply general usability principles.
- Lead visual design in line with defined UI design standards, component libraries, and brand guidelines. Use appropriate methods to communicate visual design concepts including sketching, prototyping.
- Work hand in hand with the Development team to create the design specification. Manage trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Work with UX team members to effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually to different stakeholders.
- Manage the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules.
- Work closely with Development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented and continually tested throughout the development lifecycle. Help the team troubleshoot and resolve issues with design and implementation of new features.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes project management, business representatives, vendors and developers.
- Define and track the metrics by which you will measure success of specific projects or initiatives.
- Ensure applications comply with all relevant policies, procedures, regulations and standards. Include all necessary internal, legal and regulatory controls in the design of products.
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management constraints with risk and control matters to ensure that they do not materially threaten the Group's ability to remain within risk appetite.
- Ensure timesheets and status reports are submitted on time, to the requisite quality.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Ensure compliance with all governance frameworks where there are direct touch points with them or any subsequent downstream influence from the ITO Team, including the Data Management Framework.
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure timely escalation of issues to the Head, Technology - Corporate Affairs, Brand & Marketing and Experience.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned (i) by the Head, Technology - Corporate Affairs, Brand & Marketing and Experience, and (ii) under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- End users
- ITO engineering, build and run teams
- Architecture and Technology Support teams
- External vendors
Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant experience and track record of success in user experience design.
- Degree in a relevant design discipline such as product design, service design, UX design, design management.
- Strong knowledge of experience design processes and methodology (e.g. Design Thinking, Cocreate), particularly as applied to service design, digital products, and creative facilitation.
- Experience integrating user research into product and service design, and design practices.
- Strong project and people management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Agnostic yet proficient with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVison, etc.
- Working knowledge of modern web and mobile (iOS and Android) standards.
- Experience with both structured and agile development processes
- Strong influencing and communication skills - oral, written and presentation.
- A passion for creating products and services that resonate emotionally with people.
- A team player; multi-culturally aware with proven success working in global service delivery model, with onshore and offshore resources.
- A proven ability to solve problems and make balanced judgments / decisions are essential to this role.
- Knowledge / expertise of the end to end product delivery cycle.
- Has an app in the Android Play store or App Store.
- Has a webapp that is live and in production.
- A strong desire to learn and share knowledge.
- A positive attitude and a willingness to try new things.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.