- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 13 Aug 17
Associate Director, FCC Name Screening
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Support the Group strategic deliverables covering Sanctions and AML for Name Screening and appreciate the external changes that must be incorporated both from a regulatory and market best practice perspective.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
- Develop procedures that clearly articulate the minimum standards that must be adhered too for Screening with an appreciation of country and business deviation.
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to AML & Sanctions.
- First line owner of Screening as a product and the associated rules and tuning.
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Name Screening, and Case Management
- Apply risk and data analytic tools/techniques to optimise and tune relevant detection scenarios, and screening and monitoring systems.
- Align/support with the alignment of relevant systems and controls to industry best practice and close out any compliance gaps.
- Establish and maintain watch lists used for customer various other due diligence and investigative purposes (local/regional internal and external).
- Ensure that the relevant lists and database as used by the screening systems are up to date.
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead Global FCC Controls Name Screening to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- FCC Controls Management team, FCC Segment and Country/Regional Heads, Business heads which are supported, Project and Change teams, Operational Risk, FCC Technology.
Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
Target Proficiency Level:
Compliance Policies and Standards
Surveillance (including Screening and Monitoring)
Compliance Risk Assessment