Systems Administrator - Systems Management (Associate)
- Not Specified
- Tel Aviv Yaffo, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Aug 17
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares^® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions^®. As of September 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
The Aladdin trading and risk management system, used internally at BlackRock and by BlackRock Solutions clients, enables customers to manage over $5 trillion in financial assets. Aladdin is central to our technology strategy, unifying BlackRock by providing everyone with a common language and a central point of reference for our investment activities globally.
The Aladdin and Application Engineering teams within the Aladdin & Technology group use the latest technologies to design and develop applications that make up the firm’s investment management platform. The systems support the full lifecycle of the investment management process, from quantitative risk management to order entry, trade routing and settlement.
The Platform Control Team is responsible for ensuring a consistent, stable, and secure global computing environment for BlackRock that employs standardized processes with respect to deployment, management, and reporting for infrastructure and applications. Key areas of focus for the Platform Control team include Operating Systems and Build, Inventory and Reporting, Monitoring and Alerting, Systems Management, and Infrastructure Automation. The team works in a collaborative fashion across these service areas to ensure that infrastructure and applications are properly managed through all phases the technology life cycle.
Working closely with our Platform Operations team, the Platform Control team seeks to enhance our overall operational efficiency and accuracy through well-defined process and technology implementation. Team members are responsible for the design and deployment as well as day to day operation of key management systems, while providing management with analysis and recommendations for environmental improvements and new technology implementations.
- Primary focus on Systems Management requirements specific to coordination and execution for existing Vulnerability Management procedures.
- Identify gaps and/or inefficiencies and recommend/implement solutions in conjunction with other Platform Control team members to enhance our Vulnerability Management process.
- Identify gaps and/or inefficiencies and recommend/implement solutions in conjunction with other GTI teams to enhance our Vulnerability Discovery and Tracking process.
- Identify and propose processes and solutions to cross-platform issues with a focus on a single, consistent approach globally.
- Identify and propose processes and solutions to enhance the effectiveness of Platform Operations.
- Must have good problem solving, teamwork, communication and customer service skills.
- Serve as an escalation point for our Platform Operations for systems managed by Platform Control
- There are no after-hours on call requirements, but the individual should remain flexible for critical situations.
- Follow documented processes and procedures is critical.
- Good, clear communication is an absolute must.
- Working days are Monday - Friday.
- Red Hat Linux
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016)
- Puppet, Ansible, System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Operations Manager, HP Operations Manager
- Data Analysis, Reconciliation, and Correlation Concepts
- General Infrastructure Management and Monitoring Experience
- Server Hardware Management (HP Proliant, Dell, Sun/Oracle)
- Solid fundamental knowledge of scripting/code development principles.
- Experience with scripting/programming in Python and/or PowerShell a plus.
- A minimum of 2+ years comparative industry experience
- Degree preferred but not essential.