Compliance Manager, Indonesia (Director)
- Jakarta, Kelurahan Pulau Untungjawa, Indonesia
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Aug 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's 55,000 employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in more than 40 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Compliance Department is part of the Legal and Compliance Division, and provides guidance and advice to Business Units, including Sales & Trading and Investment Banking, and infrastructure and support staff at the Firm.
The Compliance Department provides advice on compliance matters including for new products and businesses and interpretation of rules and policies, develops and implements compliance policies and procedures, and provides relevant training. It also maintains the rules management and compliance risk management frameworks, undertakes testing activities and utilizes exception reports to monitor and, where appropriate, investigate Firm, customer and employee activity.
The Compliance Manager supports the Head of Indonesia Compliance to ensure that the Board of Directors of PTMSSI, management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the Firm’s Code of Conduct.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Monitoring and Testing
• Assist with developing and implementing a risk-based compliance testing program for South-East Asia including Indonesia. Conducts compliance testing by performing data collection, analysis and escalate potential findings of material compliance risks to relevant stakeholders for further review and reporting in accordance with the annual compliance testing plan. Work together with AP Compliance Testing Team.
• Key responsibility for day to day monitoring and reporting of compliance risks. Primary responsibility for maintaining and monitoring compliance with key compliance policies, this includes maintaining relevant periodic regulatory reporting for various departments, individual licensing registrations, client complaint, system & physical access, research reports and publications, data protection and records safe-keepings.
• Monitor/implement corrective action plans for resolution of internal or regulatory audit issues. Update and report all information and data related to audit and inspection internally and externally as required.
• Work with the Trade surveillance team in Mumbai to monitor, assess and escalate any potential exceptions from client trades.
• Carry out the following Compliance tasks as required by OJK:
1.Perform the handling and administration of client complaints and follow up the written complaint of the client (internal dispute resolution) in accordance with Firm Policy.
2.Perform the surveillance over the business continuity plan by working in coordination with the Business Continuity Management team.
Policy and Procedure Development & Maintenance
• Update and track changes of relevant applicable laws and regulations and perform initial analysis on gaps and impact of the new regulations and policies in Indonesia.
• Review compliance policies and procedures on a regular basis to ensure they comply with statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Where relevant participate in the development and implementation of other policies and procedures, ensuring regulatory and legislative requirements are met.
• Maintain the Country Compliance Manual and Arrangements, and all Compliance procedure documentation.
• Assist with preparing standard and ad-hoc information and data reports to regulators and other stakeholders as required.
• Prepare and manage on regular basis appropriate timely management information on compliance and regulatory issues to Head of Compliance including suggested mitigating actions.
•Assist with preparing and coordinating ad-hoc reports on compliance developments as required.
• Works with the AP Training team, HR and others as appropriate to develop and monitor effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new hire employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
• Monitor and organize CPT training schedules for licensed employees to ensure full compliant with regulatory requirement, as well as conduct regulatory reporting for training activities.
• Support the Head of Compliance in the development and maintenance of effective and efficient interaction and communication with regulators and industry bodies in relation to PTMSSI licensed activities in Indonesia.*LI-GK2
• Degree qualified preferably in law or accounting. Detailed knowledge of financial services regulations, as impacting PTMSSI business, e.g. know your client, anti-money laundering, sanctions, insider dealing, market abuse, conduct of business and conflicts of interest.
• At least 5-8 years relevant working experience in financial services industry in Compliance or related fields or with a banking or securities regulator
• Knowledge and experience of best practice compliance and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice, compliance monitoring and risk assessments in the context of the Indonesia securities and capital market industry.
• Experience of communicating with regulators and assisting with regulatory enquiries and inspections.
• Excellent verbal and written Indonesian and English communication skills essential